Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The AI - Unrealistically smart? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hey, i've played the demo numerous times and now I am completely psyched for my (now pre-ordered) copy of Conviction to arrive.

I've noticed, though, after going through the demo in multiple ways, that sometimes the AI can act in a little unrealistically in terms of 'finding Fisher.'

Usually when i'm trying to Ghost the level, excluding the end event, I notice that the AI automatically know it's Fisher doing certain things.

For example, when I shoot the small EMP bomb that is being tested when you first enter the warehouse and it drops from the cieling, the guards automatically know it was Fisher that shot the EMP down and start searching for you. I understand the guards in this level are already on edge but I have a feeling it will be a consistent problem throughout all the levels.

Also, if I was to use my portable EMP in that room, again the guards know that it was me. There is a huge EMP strung to the cieling and they don't even think twice about what might've caused their gear to go off.

Apart from this though the game has seemed pretty flawless so far. What do you guys think to what I wrote?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey, i've played the demo numerous times and now I am completely psyched for my (now pre-ordered) copy of Conviction to arrive.

I've noticed, though, after going through the demo in multiple ways, that sometimes the AI can act in a little unrealistically in terms of 'finding Fisher.'

Usually when i'm trying to Ghost the level, excluding the end event, I notice that the AI automatically know it's Fisher doing certain things.

For example, when I shoot the small EMP bomb that is being tested when you first enter the warehouse and it drops from the cieling, the guards automatically know it was Fisher that shot the EMP down and start searching for you. I understand the guards in this level are already on edge but I have a feeling it will be a consistent problem throughout all the levels.

Also, if I was to use my portable EMP in that room, again the guards know that it was me. There is a huge EMP strung to the cieling and they don't even think twice about what might've caused their gear to go off.

Apart from this though the game has seemed pretty flawless so far. What do you guys think to what I wrote?

It's also sad that they never return to normal patrolling. If you shoot a light they will keep looking. Or if you shoot the EMP warhead to make it fall down on a person, they wont realise it could've been a weak link in the chain etc. They will just keep going around looking for you "Contact is close, keep your eyes peeled" and they'd even say "Sector is clear. No sign of disturbance" and yet keep moving around looking for me.

Demo Are Modify And Old Man
    Support Conviction&Blacklist And Dev Team
    [COLOR:GREEN]Splinter Cell Blacklist (2013) Best Game On World[/COLOR] :thumbs:
    Splinter Cell Conviction [PC] forums are here

They know its Fisher because they know your on your way down there. That's is why they immediately react like that. I personally like the way the AI is. The AI in previous Splintercell games were sometimes hilarious

I died alot in this demo, but I suck

Kimmer_bimmer:

Exactly, that is my point with the whole weak chain thing. Or why can't the EMP be malfunctioning during the test and that's what set it off?

Aveelo:
    I don't understand? :P

draayer20:
    Yeah which is fine, but they should still return to patrolling eventually like stated above and they should also consider other options. The problem isn't they THINK it's Fisher, it's that they KNOW it's Fisher. Don't get me wrong though, the AI is so much better in this game. Very challenging.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ukMast3r:
    Kimmer_bimmer:

Exactly, that is my point with the whole weak chain thing. Or why can't the EMP be malfunctioning during the test and that's what set it off?

Aveelo:

draayer20:
    Yeah which is fine, but they should still return to patrolling eventually like stated above and they should also consider other options. The problem isn't they THINK it's Fisher, it's that they KNOW it's Fisher. Don't get me wrong though, the AI is so much better in this game. Very challenging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Demo Are Modify And Old Build Is Not Retail Version (Full Game)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ukMast3r:
    Kimmer_bimmer:

Aveelo:

draayer20:
    Yeah which is fine, but they should still return to patrolling eventually like stated above and they should also consider other options. The problem isn't they THINK it's Fisher, it's that they KNOW it's Fisher. Don't get me wrong though, the AI is so much better in this game. Very challenging. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After a while not being seen does someone not say "target possible KIA" and then they go on a different but constant routine.
    <><><><><>
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die."

Aveelo:
    Oh I get you now, it's possible they will change it and I have good faith that things will be altered but i'm pretty sure something like this won't be changed even in the retail version.

JAHman28:
    Ah yes actually, sometimes they say that. I recall it being said after causing a disturbance, but I still remember them searching for you constantly. I don't expect them to stand down completely, it's more the environmental disturbances that cause them to know it's Fisher that concern me.

Aveelo:
    Oh I get you now, it's possible they will change it and I have good faith that things will be altered but i'm pretty sure something like this won't be changed even in the retail version.

JAHman28:
    Ah yes actually, sometimes they say that. I recall it being said after causing a disturbance, but I still remember them searching for you constantly. I don't expect them to stand down completely, it's more the environmental disturbances that cause them to know it's Fisher that concern me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+ Map Are Modify For The Demo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast