Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: story vs gameply | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

okay if you played the last splinter cell game(da) you should know that this is a really cool move for the seiries it makes no sense to have sam in his suit and gogles. sure they messed the last ones ending but the fact that they are making another one is awsome
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

okay if you played the last splinter cell game(da) you should know that this is a really cool move for the seiries it makes no sense to have sam in his suit and gogles. sure they messed the last ones ending but the fact that they are making another one is awsome

There is no story vs. gameplay. At best they both are perfect in perfect harmony.

One isn't without other in SC style game. There isn't huge replayability or variety so the story is vital.

I agree there's no need such big need for goggles and suit.

I don't understand why people say DA story is the worst. It's the only serious story of them. I love it.
    Warning: Everything above is an opinion
    The show must go on
    What is this Splinter Cell you talk about?

the story would make no sense if they al of a sudden make it so he wanted and then spying like in the first one. THERE IS NO WAY THAT IS HAPPENING!!!! so....

oh and by the way you are right da had the best story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kalle90:

I don't understand why people say DA story is the worst. It's the only serious story of them. I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because there is not storyTelling in PC\x360 DA versions !

Ok, can the Shanghai version be that much worse? The 3 first ones didn't have award winning stories either.

Im happy I was forced to choose the Xbox version Perfect, I still can just watch the main menu and listen the epic music. I feel you Sam
    The show must go on

To answers kalle's question:
    We dont know about William or w/e, we don't know about the other Splinter Cells. We know only a bit of Hisham.

We missed out a lot. In fact, I'm trying to get an xbox and rent SCDA for that to see what I missed exactely.

Xbox version didn't tell any details of Hizham or a lot of anything else, so Im not sure about deeper story. But considering it's lenght there was nice amount of constant story. Most of all the story was smooth from start to end and I, Sam, was in center of it. Constant excitement and choices(I was trusted by both sides during my first playthrough and wanted to stay that way, later I found out losing trust only means having to access a computer which made it feel a bit weak afterwards) and then killing my old allies on snowy skyscrapers really was emotional. It was pretty straight shooting but after every kill I though "sorry" and then Emile and betrayal of NSA really made it all. Only thing Im wondering about future is how the Conviction will continue from it, or will it be based on 360DA wipeing all my feelings away.

I could perhaps say the feeling of watching credits and main menu after it beats even Halo1, and that would make it the best ever.
    I'd like to hear the music again in future.
    The show must go on

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kalle90:
    Xbox version didn't tell any details of Hizham or a lot of anything else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you play the XBox version?
    --
    Jackie Fiest

The Xbox DA certainly worked better as a storyline, the final New York level is brilliant. I love the opening cut scene for that level.

Emile Dufraisne: This is where it all pays off! All the work, all the sacrifice, it ends here! We couldn't have done it without you Fisher!

Sam Fisher: Don't thank me yet!

I love Ironside's delivery of that line.
    -----------------------------
    Waterfowl in Conviction Means I Won't Buy...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast