Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gears of War Multiplayer Details | Forums

There is 10 maps, with more coming down the road. With no Deathmatch/Sharpshooter I am wondering if some people who love respawns won't like the multiplayer since its not similar to the standard shooters (quake, halo, doom, etc). More along the lines of a Tom Clancy game since there is no jumping.

He said he didn't want capture the flag or it to devolve into deathmatch.

War Zone - 4 on 4 elimination match where everyone gets one life.
    Assasination - your team wins by killing the other team's designated leader.
    Execution - you have to perform a close-up execution, curb stomp, chain saw, or point blank pistol in the head - to finish your opponent or he'll come back into play.

"If you have no fear of death, then you just run at each other, and it devolves into a Quake match. That's cool, but we're not that game"

Oh yeah, they also show the first sequence of images of a curb stomp in action (4 images). I haven't seen that before either.

Sounds good to me really. I have never been a fan of the whole spawn kill issue that accompanies sharshooter modes. Obviously, sharpshooter doesn't work in multiplayer.

Kool how there's a mode to showcase the chainsaw!

Sounds refreshing. I hope the gameplay modes work out well.

Yeah, I hate spawn killing. Doesn't really showcase your skills all that much doing that. These game modes sound good to me. Something a little different is always good.

as long as the games does not turn into a camp fest it sounds pretty awesome

It probably will involve lots of camping though unless somesort of Offensive/Defensive team gametype happens to be made.

Theres a pretty decent "Hands on Review" of GOW here...

http://www.2old2play.com/News/Gears_...ands_On_Review

...where the guy has played the "War Zone" mode.

Sounds good so far. Regular deathmatch games are fun but, this is different and different is good.

That game is hot.

8 player multiplayer? horsesh*t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast