Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the gun be visible or like GR1? | Forums

Hey guys...i just came to the forums of GR3. I was a really big fan of GR1. The only thing that i 'hated' was that your own gun wasnt visible like R6 games for example. Which do you prefer??

"Never Share a Foxhole with Someone braver Than You" - murphy's laws of combat.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

doesn't matter one way or the other. I personally wish that the gun model was functional onscreen, ie iron sights

I like to be able to see the weapon (first-person weapon view), as long as you can use the iron/optical sights to aim.
    Otherwise I doesn't make much difference to me, but I slightly prefer seeing the weapon.

I do prefer the visible weapon over the flying camera.

No FPWV made GR unique, and was a desirable feature in the game. It lets you use your entire monitor to see things.

If you want a FPWV, take a pic of your favorite gun. Glue it to your monitor, and enjoy your new hack.

It really bothers me when people want to change the core components of gameplay that made GR unique and different.
    ============================

Many people work, but their minds are unemployed.

No FPWV made GR unique, and was a desirable feature in the game. It lets you use your entire monitor to see things.
    That's actually the thing I disliked the most about GR, I had gotten used to it after RS beforehand, but it always felt that you were using laser shooting eyesight instead of a gun. There was no sense of recoil apart from little lines moving out.

In every FPS, I've never looked at the bottom of the screen apart from looking at my stats. I mean the part of the screen that interested me most was the one I didn't highlight in the pic below.

As long as you can toggle the gun view off, then both preferences are met.

If it's toggleable, everyone will turn it off because it IS a slight advantage to have more field of view.

Also, I know that people mostly pay attention to the senter of the screen, but a BIG GIANT FLASHING GUN in the corner can be distracting, and that's why I liked GR. Stop trying to make GR something that it isn't.
    ============================

Many people work, but their minds are unemployed.

If that's the way you feel.

I just want something realistic, not just some image of a gun just hanging there; if possible it would be nice if it were dynamic. I probably repeated this quite a few times in my posts, but here goes:

Across the chest when running, when behind a friendly, or when safe.

Pointed forward, at the ready not necessarily looking through the sights, when ready for a threat or to fire a quick burst before ducking down or seeking cover.

And finally the iron sights and optics.

In fact I'd rather there be no reticle whatsoever (in weapon view at least), unless it's a feature of the Future Warrior design, integrated to your weapon.

Stop trying to make GR something that it isn't.
    What do you mean? GR was a tactical shooter in an open air environment, modelling small unit tactics; the reticle wasn't something unique to GR as it was available in RS and it's sequel Rogue Spear as well as Swat3. I'm sorry if you feel differently, while I enjoyed all 3 of the previous games, I still would have preferred fully modelled weapons with the real reload sequences (not like CS) and the occasional failure (like AA).

I think that AA did the best job of the first person gun. It did all the things you mentioned in reference to carring the gun, which is what other games should model if theyre looking to be realistic.
    ===================
    Try some crisp, refreshing
    Thunderpants today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast