Thread: My computer specs. | Forums

Hi everyone..

I would just like to ask if you guys think that i can play SH5.

My computer specs are:
    2.0 Ghz amd athlon
    1Gb of RAM (Going to buy more RAM as soon as the game comes out)
    ATI sapphire radeon 9600 atlantis (dont know how big the card is ? )

Thanks in advance
    Seadevil.

Hi everyone..

I would just like to ask if you guys think that i can play SH5.

My computer specs are:
    2.0 Ghz amd athlon
    1Gb of RAM (Going to buy more RAM as soon as the game comes out)
    ATI sapphire radeon 9600 atlantis (dont know how big the card is ? )

Thanks in advance
    Seadevil.

I would say that they are adequate. It would be a good idea to add another gig of ram and hopefully you're video card memory is at least 512 MB. What OS are you currently using?

I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3

But do you know where i can see the size of my Vid. card memory?

Seadevil

Your video card will be a big problem. It's an old card, and it won't meet the criteria for RAM or Smartshader.

Your card has a maximum of 256MB of RAM and the version of Smartshader it supports is too low.

Thanks Shadow..

Fortunately I am planning to buy a laptop with at least 3 Gb of RAM and a good Vid. Card..

Thanks tambor and Shadow

Seadevil

You're welcome. I have a new Laptop on order also.

They make laptops that will run this game now?? I didnt think a laptop could dissipate enough heat to run powerful video cards...Under load I think my 8800GTX video card uses more power than an entire laptop...then add a dual core processor, and 800W power supply and you have a computer than keeps your bedroom warm in the winter time (California) at idle

-Gun

My new Laptop has a quad core processor, 4 GIGs of RAM, and a decent mid range 1 GIG video card. I sent the specs to one of the Devs to get his opinion. Part of his response is below.

"your kind of notebook scores 6863 points in 3D Mark 2006 (1280*1024). That's an impressive figure for a laptop, so my bet is that it will run beautifully with everything on in a [recommended 16:9 wide] resolution like 1600*900."

I'd be quite happy running SH5 at 1280 X 1024, but if I can get a good fps with everything on at 1600 X 900 then all the better.