Thread: Why not release AC2 Episodes for PC? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

Altaïr's Chronicles, Bloodlines and Discovery were made for portable consoles, completely different platform than PC.

But why not release AC2 Episodes if it can be ported from Xbox and PS3 version? - Especially now that there is a pirate-proof DRM. You can even make a bad port and you'd still get enough sales to be worth making it.
    I'd kind of understood if it were because of pirating, but with this new DRM I really DON'T understand.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Altaïr's Chronicles, Bloodlines and Discovery were made for portable consoles, completely different platform than PC.

But why not release AC2 Episodes if it can be ported from Xbox and PS3 version? - Especially now that there is a pirate-proof DRM. You can even make a bad port and you'd still get enough sales to be worth making it.
    I'd kind of understood if it were because of pirating, but with this new DRM I really DON'T understand.

the portable games were done by third party development houses and were nothing like the console/PC games.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

Yeah, I actually said just that, but I think I should said it more clearly.

And what I really wanted to say is that AC2 episodes will be released on Xbox and PS3. Console game right? So they could port the game to PC...
    I don't understand why they won't release the game on PC if they have made perfect DRM (from no-pirating view).

Has it been said anywhere that it won't come out for the PC? For that matter, have any platforms for this game been confirmed anywhere? I know what's on Wikipedia - but it's Wikipedia.

It has been said here:
    http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=235979

IGN says it hasn't been confirmed yet though:
    http://ps3.ign.com/objects/057/057511.html

So yeah, I'm complaining too early. But I like AC series so much that I want to prevent not-releasing this game for PC from happening.

CVG is working off a play listing, and it wasn't that long back they got in trouble listing San Andreas stories for the PSP as they believed it would eventually happen, also play has took pre-orders for games in the past that got cancelled before they were ever really confirmed.

so I would go with IGN as at least they are holding off until Ubi releases info instead of speculating on a listing from a firm who has a record of listing anything as soon as there is a hint it may coming out.

Steam ID
    PSN ID: Caswallawn
    Xbox Li

Until an official announcment says which platforms it's comming too, I would just use a bit of logic to predict the future;
    AC1 came out on both home consoles and the PC
    AC2 came out on both home consoles and the PC (eventually)
    AC2:Episodes will come out on both home consoles and almost certainly on the PC.
    There's no evidence to the contrary.