Thread: High End Rig VS Lo-mac | Forums

First off my brief sys specs-Dell 8200 Dimension,Windows XP Home edition,1024gb Rambus(PC 800),Asylum 5950 Fx Ultra,P4 2.53 Processor.My sys handles the the game fairly well.I have scenes/textures set to medium with water to low option.Screen res 1024x768 with aa/af at 8x.Graphics are wonderful as is the aircraft.All other option are set to high including heat blur.Only time stuttering occurs is either multiple aircraft dogfighting or explosions.Finally,my question-Does anyone have a "high end rig" that can run all options at high with no decrease in fps.Only asking because at time of demo release I had a ti 4600,upgraded(really degraded) to a 5600 fx which both didn't really do a good job,with the 5950 I could tell a big difference in performace.Just want to get a good idea of how far I am off.Thanks for your input AR1
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

First off my brief sys specs-Dell 8200 Dimension,Windows XP Home edition,1024gb Rambus(PC 800),Asylum 5950 Fx Ultra,P4 2.53 Processor.My sys handles the the game fairly well.I have scenes/textures set to medium with water to low option.Screen res 1024x768 with aa/af at 8x.Graphics are wonderful as is the aircraft.All other option are set to high including heat blur.Only time stuttering occurs is either multiple aircraft dogfighting or explosions.Finally,my question-Does anyone have a "high end rig" that can run all options at high with no decrease in fps.Only asking because at time of demo release I had a ti 4600,upgraded(really degraded) to a 5600 fx which both didn't really do a good job,with the 5950 I could tell a big difference in performace.Just want to get a good idea of how far I am off.Thanks for your input AR1

I have a AMD64bit FX-51 with 2 gigs of RAM, ASUS SK8N NForce3 Pro 150 mobo and a Gefore FX 5900Ultra 256MB. Game runs like butter most of the time. Large missions with like 30 plus planes and lots of static objects have "minor" slow downs when the action is hot and heavy, otherwise it just smokes. I like large missions with lots of action. I don't think most could run these types of missions right now.

http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/index.html
    -----------------------------
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to

Hi,

I run it with pretty much everything 'maxed-out' and it runs great on my machine. There is the odd slowdown but nothing major. My spec is:

Abit IC7-Max3 with Pentium 4 3.0Ghz overclocked to 3.4Ghz
    1Gb OCZ Gold PC4000 dual-channel RAM,
    256Mb Radeon 9800 Pro
    other bits

HTH,
    Matt