Thread: My Ruse doesnt work | Forums

Okay, so i have this problem, that when i log into RUSE via. steam, that after i put in my password and username, it loads for 10 seconds and then it tells me: "Could not communicate with account server. Please try again later."

I tried logging in for a couple of hours but it never seemed to work

HELP!
    thx in advance
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Have you got the correct ports open? http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...9zaWQvVzRuX1AtTGs%3D

If that doesn't help then please contact support.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

I tried that and i also disabled the whole firewall itself. it still doesnt work. it still gives the same problem.

now it randomly started working. I entered a ethernet cable and it started working, it was probably my wi-fi thingy... well, ty for your help [:

I have had the same issue - tried all the port forwarding stuff, disabled firewalls, called my ISP, checked and rechecked everything for weeks - still cannot get past the could not connect message. Most games don't ask you to do anything. Need help!

Same problem, I've messed around with the firewall and stuff, still not working.

If you have the same problem and my suggestion didn't work then please contact technical support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft Community Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    To possibly resolve this issue, you may need to manually install the GameLauncher software, which handles the online authentication in the game. Please note that this software MUST be installed to play the game, and cannot be uninstalled or disabled.

First, you will need to uninstall the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software from the 'Add/Remove Programs' (Windows XP) / 'Installed Programs' (Windows Vista and 7) icon in your computer's control panel. It's possible that the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" software will not be listed if you have already uninstalled it, or the game. If so, you can skip this step.

After uninstalling the software, you will need to manually delete any leftover files in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (32-bit versions of Windows) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher (64-bit versions of Windows). Please do not skip this step, it is very important.

Once you have manually deleted the files left in that folder, you can reinstall the GameLauncher software from: http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe and then you should be able to start the game.

If you continue to get the same error you will need to follow the steps below:

Please disable any antivirus software or Windows firewalls to allow the Ubisoft Game Launcher access.
    You can always go back later and reconfigure allowances.

-------------------------------------------

Game Launcher Ports:
    80, 13000, 13005, 13200-13999
    (all TCP) if not using web proxy

If you are unsure of how ports work, the best course of action may be to contact your router manufacturer, system administrator or ISP for more information.
    You can also try to bypass the router by plugging directly into the modem to see if the connection error persists.

http://portforward.com/guides.htm