Thread: A newbie question from an old IL2 player | Forums

XyZspineZyX
    With the 3 US planes now available, and with the Normandy and Ardennes maps, and after being intimidated for years by it., I'm going to attempt mission building on the Western front..I guess I'll need to learn some graphics so I can use appropriate US insignia.Peaae, kind sirs, I need help. First, is there a good manual on this?. Mudmovers has a "Mission Builder 101" but it starts right out without any preliminary setup instructions.( I am a bit of a plodding thinker and like to go step by careful step). I've fumbled around with it , but when I first hit "fly" the image is reversed, with the ground below the sky. Can somebody offfer suggestions?. Sorry for being so elementary, but that's me. In CFS2 I did some fairly successsful building, but have forgotten how. Thanks.
    Bob Roberts
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

XyZspineZyX
    With the 3 US planes now available, and with the Normandy and Ardennes maps, and after being intimidated for years by it., I'm going to attempt mission building on the Western front..I guess I'll need to learn some graphics so I can use appropriate US insignia.Peaae, kind sirs, I need help. First, is there a good manual on this?. Mudmovers has a "Mission Builder 101" but it starts right out without any preliminary setup instructions.( I am a bit of a plodding thinker and like to go step by careful step). I've fumbled around with it , but when I first hit "fly" the image is reversed, with the ground below the sky. Can somebody offfer suggestions?. Sorry for being so elementary, but that's me. In CFS2 I did some fairly successsful building, but have forgotten how. Thanks.
    Bob Roberts

XyZspineZyX
    Sounds like you have not selected any aircraft as Player aircraft in the tick box.

did you see this guide to FMB:

http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_smb_guide.htm

XyZspineZyX
    how do u get the plane 1 tab to come up ive done everything that guide says

XyZspineZyX
    If the plane is on the map, the tab should be there. If you can't see the tab, click & drag on the edge of the object viewer box and make it larger. (Sideways preferably). Alternatively there should be some "arrow" button thingies in that corner of the box. Click on the one pointing right....

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

XyZspineZyX
    how do i place the plane?

XyZspineZyX
    The same way you place any object
    Ctrl & Left Mouse Button at the same time with the plane you want chosen in the object viewer box......

You need to look here

http://mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_fmb101.htm

Good Luck [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif[/img]

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

Message Edited on 12/09/0306:58PM by Dubbo2

XyZspineZyX
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CraytonRoberts:
    ....when I first hit "fly" the image is reversed, with the ground below the sky. Can somebody offfer suggestions?. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happens to me too. Hit "Shift+F2" or "Ctrl+F2" depending on which side you want to see first.

P39, P40, P47, P51 = 3 ???

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use

Salut
    Tully