Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start v4.1 | Forums

Well, one of the reasons why the Japanese did not launch a full attack strike on Pearl was the reports of the missing carriers inside the port, but it was also out of fear of US subs in the area.
    Imagine if they got their fleet sunk right after the strike. That would have had a major impact of the progress of the war IRL.
    In the game, you can either use the modern knowledge to find the strike force right after the attack, or you can go to sea much closer to the Japanese homewaters to strike asap, like a revenge motivation. And several subs were at sea when the war broke out...

Admin of SHMF. Plays SH3, SH4 and SH5.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by burndaddy:
    ...Why start before the war starts?
    Brass polishing, cruises, drillings and sunbathing!

I'm curious as to if intercepting the Japanese Fleet bound for Pearl Harbor is an option with this mod, if that fleet exists in-game at the appointed time and place.

Or if it doesn't, and you just get the news of the attack over the radio.

I'm curious as to if intercepting the Japanese Fleet bound for Pearl Harbor is an option with this mod, if that fleet exists in-game at the appointed time and place.

Or if it doesn't, and you just get the news of the attack over the radio.
    I tried it myself once and came up empty. Somebody else said they found it after the attack, on their way back to Japan. So it may be possible.

As for the reason for this mod, it's so you can hear and see the attack news reports and receive the associated radio messages, which you otherwise can't in career mode.

Has anyone tried sitting idle in Pearl Harbor on December 7 to see what happens, if anything? Is Battleship Row present?

"Man the flak guns!"

Honestly if it's just the radio messages, I'm not that interested in this mod. But if you could interact with the Pearl Harbor attack, that's a different story. Hince the questions.

Has anyone tried sitting idle in Pearl Harbor on December 7 to see what happens, if anything? Is Battleship Row present?

"Man the flak guns!"
    That was a real interesting question. So much so that I just went and checked.

And the answer unfortunately is, nothing happens. I waited in the harbor until I got the PH attack message, went to external view, and everything was peaceful and quiet. Even worse, both the Oklahoma and the Arizona are already destroyed before the 7th, and there are even carriers in the harbor, which of course there wasn't on the real 7th.

I think the problem is the mod uses the regular missions and such for a career starting after the 7th. I have been thinking recently about a future update that would use more peacetime type missions. IF you can add missions to a career. I believe you can. My major concern is I've never tried to write missions for SH4 before. I have done such for the old Fighting Steel game, but that's a whole other ball game. If I can get the hang of writing missions, and figure out how to integrate them into a career, I would certainly include the PH attack in a future update. But for now that's off in the future.

In the immortal words of Professor Farnsworth:

"Good news everybody!"

lurker_hlb3 has given me permission to create an RSRDC version!! Stock version is already done, so all I need to do now is the RFB and the TMO versions.

I'm going to pull the 3.0 version now. Since it's just some copy and paste now I should have the 3.1 uploaded sometime today.

A big thank you to lurker_hlb3 for letting me do this now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast