Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hurt Locker | Forums

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brookelyn_FD:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jbot:
    I dont know about this, it looks decent. But it is done by Summit and they were responsible for a bunch of terrible movies...never back down, twilight, push and knowing just to name a few. I'll check it out when it comes on rental </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me something that you like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. This reminds me of someone I started talking to on Facebook, not that I'm saying that's you Jamie, just that I had a whole movie discussion with someone.

This person basically hates every movie that has ever been released, "the acting is bad" "the story is stupid" "the CGI looks fake" so on and so on, basically going beyond picky. Why even go to the movies and waste your money if you know you're going to hate it? Seriously, some people have trained themselves to not enjoy a movie, to think about the ending before the movie starts, they take "adaptions" of cartoons, books, and other franchises to an extreme instead of realize that it is someone else's vision of that cartoon, book, or remake of another movie.

I basically said movies are personal and mean different things to different people, so every movie has a place in this world because it entertains someone somewhere, except for Uwe Boll movies those are an offense to celluloid.

The Hurt Locker is actually made by Kathryn Bigelow who is one of the best female directors out there, actually she's great period. She's got an amazing eye for tension, action, and capturing the chemistry in her actors.

I loved Strange Days and think it's one of those underappreciated scifi movies. She also created the epic bromance, Point Break.

Summit Entertainment simply distributed the The Hurt Locker though, they didn't direct it or write the story. It's also gotten about 98% on Rotten Tomatoes which is pretty good

& Senior Cadette

Thanks for the awesome sigs Phin and Calamity!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Summit has released a bunch of crap, that much is true. But they're also distributing the upcoming 3D Astro Boy, and distributed the awesome Brothers Bloom.

I just think that's the case with a lot of studios. After all, Fox released Wolverine, but they also gave us (500) Days of Summer.

------------
    xbox live | steam | psn | facebook | twitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GypsyflyPMS:
    It's also gotten about 98% on Rotten Tomatoes which is pretty good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm assuming that <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">which is pretty good </div></BLOCKQUOTE>was an intentional understatement

I think this movie does deserve some credit. It was shot very well. Which I said already really captures the intensity of it's local. A cinamatic work of art. I really don't think a movie could ever completely duplicate how it is over there. A friend who was there and another who has a son there now has told me stories that simply make me cringe. That said. This movie doesn't, but it comes pretty darn close.

Worth a look see anyway.
    *It's not the players in the game. It's the game in the players.*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brookelyn_FD:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jbot:
    I dont know about this, it looks decent. But it is done by Summit and they were responsible for a bunch of terrible movies...never back down, twilight, push and knowing just to name a few. I'll check it out when it comes on rental </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt mean to come off sounding bitter about movies or anything. I am definitely not stuck up about the stuff I watch, or anything like the guy you had a conversation with Gypsyfly. I watch and like most movies actually, and quite a few bad ones too. I just havent liked anything put out by summit recently.

Here are some movies you guys can tease me for liking, haha everyone at my work does. lol

17 again, Speed Racer, The Happening, Doomsday, Pulse, Forbidden Kingdom, The Ruins, Artificial Intelligence, High school Musicals 1-3, And everything ever done by John Waters

I didnt mean to come off sounding bitter about movies or anything. I am definitely not stuck up about the stuff I watch, or anything like the guy you had a conversation with Gypsyfly. I watch and like most movies actually, and quite a few bad ones too. I just havent liked anything put out by summit recently.

Here are some movies you guys can tease me for liking, haha everyone at my work does. lol

17 again, Speed Racer, The Happening, Doomsday, Pulse, Forbidden Kingdom, The Ruins, Artificial Intelligence, High school Musicals 1-3, And everything ever done by John Waters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I haven't seen everything on your list.

I liked Pulse a lot. I thought Forbidden Kingdom and the Ruins were pretty good.

There's a list of movies I hate to say I enjoyed. Not going to mention i here of course. Not brave like you.

This movie looks extremely good. I can't wait til it hits dvd so I can give it a view.

VVQA Tester |GH:WT/GH5/Band Hero DLC|Guitar Hero 5 |Band Hero | [

17 again, Speed Racer, The Happening, Doomsday, Pulse, Forbidden Kingdom, The Ruins, Artificial Intelligence, High school Musicals 1-3, And everything ever done by John Waters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doomsday was ****ing awesome.

------------
    xbox live | steam | psn | facebook | twitter

While you are waiting for this to come out on DVD, go and rent Outlander with Jim Caveisal. ITs an excellent sleeper film.

Sarah Oliver Quote: "ME2 makes me feel like a virgin on prom night
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...16&ref=profile

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JJ Rage:

Doomsday was ****ing awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I thought so too but everyone at my store makes fun of me for liking haha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast