Thread: Sony Vegas 5 problem | Forums

Hi,

are there any Vegas 5 users. Im having some difficulties with this piece of software, the editing part of the movie is just perfect, the problem comes when I want to render the final track. So I choose render as, select the video compresion etc and click start. The bug is that the sound in final movie render is desynchronized with the movie... when playing the rendered movie the sound part of the movie starts about 0.2-0.4 seconds earlier then the movie and as you can imagine the soundtrack doesnt match with the images being played. This os totally reproducible here, doesnt happen under anyother movie editing software and Im sure is not related with my editing skills or something, as I can load some movie track, dont do any editing, render it in new format and the new movie has the same problem.

Any hints or tips very appreciated. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

are there any Vegas 5 users. Im having some difficulties with this piece of software, the editing part of the movie is just perfect, the problem comes when I want to render the final track. So I choose render as, select the video compresion etc and click start. The bug is that the sound in final movie render is desynchronized with the movie... when playing the rendered movie the sound part of the movie starts about 0.2-0.4 seconds earlier then the movie and as you can imagine the soundtrack doesnt match with the images being played. This os totally reproducible here, doesnt happen under anyother movie editing software and Im sure is not related with my editing skills or something, as I can load some movie track, dont do any editing, render it in new format and the new movie has the same problem.

Any hints or tips very appreciated. Thanks!

Several things that can be done, as I have experienced this as well.
    For me the problem is with .avi files.
    You can play with the audio settings to see if this will fix it, try to render using .wmv or something else.
    Or you can sync the vid, and audio track in a different program during final compression.
    I have been doing the audio in a different program that also has the ability to preview the video. This way you only insert the general soundtrack into vegas so your vid clips are timed properly, then once the vid is complete, I render w/o sound in .avi, and bring it into the audio program.
    I suppose as a last resort you could figure out what the delay time is, and stagger your audio track, but this is not the ideal way.
    good luck.