Thread: Kramnik's Arrogance | Forums

I know that when the world championship was being played out nearly two months ago, there was a large debate here over the winner being considered the true champion.

Well, apparently, the same is true for Vladmir Kramnik -- he feels that while he may not have the title, he's still the champion...

Kramnik's Newspaper Interview

It seems to me that Kramnik is being a sore loser...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yea, I believe he is only expressing how he feels about this rather unusual situation; few can afford second chances as he did. Anyway he must be quite pleased that he does not have to play Topalov, not out of fear but dislike perhaps

There was a story about that which You can find at www.redhotpawn.com in the only chess forums.

Originally posted by KHollister:
    I know that when the world championship was being played out nearly two months ago, there was a large debate here over the winner being considered the true champion.

Well, apparently, the same is true for Vladmir Kramnik -- he feels that while he may not have the title, he's still the champion...

Kramnik's Newspaper Interview

It seems to me that Kramnik is being a sore loser...
    there's no arrogance in the interviews of Kramnik I read about this topic. he naturally respects the winner of mexico and calls him a world chapmion, but only states that beating the worlds strongest player in a match is personally of more value to him.

it's very reasonable and far from being arrogant.

Well, I can understand that Kramnik doesn't feel that he lost the title, since it was a tournament (rather than a match). In some respects, that's like comparing apples and oranges.

But to say "I have lent Anand the crown" still sounds like arrogance to me.

Originally posted by KHollister:
    Well, I can understand that Kramnik doesn't feel that he lost the title, since it was a tournament (rather than a match). In some respects, that's like comparing apples and oranges.

But to say "I have lent Anand the crown" still sounds like arrogance to me.
    That could be a possibility depending on the tone, but given the general good relations between the two it would be highly unlikely.

Yes, I saw that article this morning... however, it looks like the article is playing it up.

It's hard to tell from the text if Anand is actually very angry. From interviews I've heard in the past, Anand has always been very kind, polite, and eloquent; ignoring opportunities to say anything bad about his opponents.

I know that a few may hold the same view as Kramnik, but I think more people are on Anand's side...