Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deus Ex Stealth Gameplay. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I've been seeing good things and hearing good things about this game. I havent played it yet, but I cant wait. If anyone plays it can they please keep us up to date how the stealth gameplay fits into the game. From what I see it look somewhat similar to SCC without the fast paced movement. And apperently the devs said that you can beat the game by stealthing completely.

It's a definate 'must get" for me, and it will most likely keep me busy until SC6 (at least for now)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by michaelanjello:
    If anyone plays it can they please keep us up to date how the stealth gameplay fits into the game.
    RPS review:
    This is a game that gets stealth so very, very right that you start to get angry about games you previously thought were fine. Cover drops you seamlessly into third-person, somehow without this ever feeling weird, and neatly hugs the world’s features. Features that don’t, by nature of the environments, feel like they were put there purely in case some invading combatants were in need of cover. Office equipment, doorways, street furniture and supply deliveries all feel like they should be there, which in turn means you get to feel like you’re manipulating the world to your advantage, rather than the other way around.

Originally posted by michaelanjello:
    And apperently the devs said that you can beat the game by stealthing completely.
    Yeah, that's true. But devs also said that there are three or four boss fights in the game, and unfortunately you must kill all bosses.

Picking this up in the morning! Have been playing Deus Ex 1 and MY GOD ITS EPIC. Good stealth game, wish I played it in its hayday because it is now 11 years old. But I am still having alot of fun with it anyways! I recommend playing it if you are able to stand the poor graphics.

There are 2 achievements for HR that involve stealth: beat game with 0 kills (except bosses) and beat game with 0 alarms.

Gonna get these on hardest difficulty first play through!!!

Preordered mine a month ago..should have it within this week

stealth looks awesome..I will be blending social, hacking and stealth....for the first playthrough in the subsequent ones will be trying out the 'Typhoon' attack and the Auto GL

Check out Gamespot's review...pretty much nails it
    GS review

The stealth would mostly be like SCC with the quick silenced shooting, the cover-2-cover, the marking, the 'enhanced vision aug', the takedowns....but it would satisfy the classic fans MORE than SCC because of Hacking, collecting info, LTL takedowns.....
    Deus Ex is actually a good look of what we might get with SC6 with a blend of Aggro and Classic stealth...and it looks sweet!
    I think all stealth fans should defo pick it up.

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

I really want to get this game, but I'm apprehensive about FPS perspective in general. For $60, I'd better see an actual body doing all the moving and fighting, lol. But seriously, I find my peripheral vision compromised in these types of games and they give me an uncomfortable sense of walking without legs or feet. It's why I generally don't play them unless they're must plays (MW2, Rainbow Six Vegas-which incidentally has a 3rd person code on single player).

This is looking very good, though. I like the takedowns and the stealth, and the shooting looks pretty is intense. Please post reviews once you've played so I can make my decision, thanks.

It's 100% a worthy successor to the original. Stealth is a fully exploited option in the game, just as it was previously. I'd recommend it.

Originally posted by LOGIK1911:
    It's why I generally don't play them unless they're must plays (MW2, Rainbow Six Vegas...
    But MW2 isn't 'must play' game at all. On the contrary, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 'must play' game.

Originally posted by KenTWOu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LOGIK1911:
    It's why I generally don't play them unless they're must plays (MW2, Rainbow Six Vegas...
    But MW2 isn't 'must play' game at all. On the contrary, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 'must play' game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't deny MW2 is a repetitive shooter, but I enjoy the characters and story turns. Same w/ Black Ops. I rent, play through once, and then send back to Gamefly. But I don't actually own any FPS outside of Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2-and they've got codes for third person in single player.

I'll prob buy Deus Ex-although I'm generally uncomfortable with FPS type games- I'm relieved to see that it has both a 3rd cover party system and 3rd party stealth kills. Throw in the interesting premise and I'm game. It actually looks like a mix of 2 games i play quite often-Mass Effect 2 and Conviction.

Mass Effect 2
    I found the plot quiet intriguing but the dialogue was attrocious...Shephard's 'Rile em up' speech towards the end was pathetic...If I were there, I'd have burst out laughing and taken the next shuttle off the Normandy.
    Not to mention that the Gameplay was SO underwhelming. I played a Stealth based class...which only allows you cloak and snipe. The linearity and the Chest-high wall syndrome also murdered the game a bit. Interesting concept of tactical choices midway missions was pretty sweet though. Plus the whole galaxy felt alive. ME2 is a Must play..not a Must Buy IMO

Hitman Absolution is a game to really look forward to. I am reading previews and it seems like an excellent stealth game. The AI (the most important part in a stealth game) has been revamped. It now has memory and recognises patterns. So no 'Cover Blown' message immediately, the guards in the immediate area will be alerted and you have the option to "Contain the situation" There are more choices in completing the mission now. The disguise mechanic has been overhauled and require the player to take actions to actually blend. The 'Instinct' vision (drawing unimaginable amount of flak) is there to replace the mini-map.
    good year for Stealth gamers:

Deus Ex HR: Classic+Aggro Stealth
    Hitman AB: Social+Aggro Stealth

EDIT: Interesting trivia...Deus Ex and SC have another thing in common...the Composer! Michael McCann! He worked on Double Agent's soundtrack.

here an awesome track from DEHR:
    Track-9 HongHua Brothel

I'm Batman

Sig: Jazz117Volkov

Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
    Interesting trivia...Deus Ex and SC have another thing in common...the Composer! Michael McCann! He worked on Double Agent's soundtrack.
    Sound Byte interview with Michael McCann. Michael is an intelligent guy, so they even talked about games as an art and recognition of game soundtracks. He mentioned his work on Splinter Cell Double Agent also! it's definitely worth reading!

P.S: Also you can listen to 4 tracks from Deus EX:HR via embedded player in the article.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast