Thread: admin control | Forums

Has anyone figured out a way to kick and ban people from dedicated servers yet? i know there is a PB program but when you kick someone it kicks EVERYONE, and i am gettin tired of the Tkers, and people not following rules, and there is nothin i can do, our server is a rented one and i don't have full access, we are running one of the only dedicated servers out there, any help would be greatly appreciated, i have heard there is a way to do it, but i'll be damned if i have figured it out, Thanks in advance,

{CAP}WildBill
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

so people are starting to tk because the game's getting boring? not surprised.

It is more of a respect issue, the TKing isn't too bad just 2 guys in the past few eeks, but all we can do is put there guid and ip in our ban files, and that requires restarting the server for it to take effect, i am looking for an easier solution.

You need to get the players ID

PB_BindSrch [search_text]
    Searches through all of your game key bindings for the specified [search_text] and reports on the findings; this is useful if you want to see which key(s) is/are currently bound to which action(s)

PB_CL_Disable
    Disables the PunkBuster Client Software - the disabling does not take effect until the game is exited and restarted

PB_CL_Enable
    Enables the PunkBuster Client Software

PB_CvarVal [Variable_Name]
    Sends a request to the connected Game Server and then displays the results of the request; used by Players to find out the current value of Game Server settings (cvars); client queries using pb_cvarval are ignored if the text "pass" is in the query

PB_CvarList
    Displays the allowed cvar ranges for any cvars that the Game Server is monitoring; see the section dealing with the Variable Monitoring Facility

PB_CvarSrch [search_text]
    Searches through all of your game cvar (variable) values for the specified text and reports on the findings; this is useful if you want to see which cvars currently contain certain commands

PB_GetSs
    Captures and saves a screen shot based on the parameters found in the PB_SSOPTIONS setting listed below; described more fully in the Screen Capture Facility section

PB_Kick [slot #]
    Requests that a specific player be removed from the game; this command is part of the PB Player Power facility

PB_Load [File Name]
    Loads the specified PunkBuster config file which can contain commands and/or setting changes

PB_MyGuid
    Displays your PunkBuster GUID and your Game CDKey (Note: Cdkey is not shown if currently connected to a server); The GUID is used by PunkBuster to identify players and it is based on the CDKey entered into the game

PB_PList
    Requests that the connected PunkBuster Server display a list of players and their current status to the console

PB_Power
    Requests that the connected PunkBuster Server display a list of players and their current PB Player Power status to the console

PB_RCon [server command]
    Allows players with suffecient Power Points to issue server commands that the admin has allowed. Example pb_rcon pb_sv_kick Player

PB_SsOptions
    Sets and/or displays the parameters used for taking local PunkBuster Screenshots; used by the Screen Capture Facility

PB_Ver
    Displays the currently running version of the PunkBuster Client software

PB_WebUpdate
    Adds the PBWEB functionality directly into the PB client; PBWEB should no longer be required to manually update PB clients; PunkBuster will automatically issue this command when necessary to auto-update during gameplay before going into distress mode (note: For RtCW, this command only works in win32 and linux editions)

PB_WriteCfg
    Writes the current values of the PunkBuster settings to the local hard drive (creating or overwriting files called pbcl.cfg and pbcllog.cfg) in such a way that they will be loaded automatically the next time PunkBuster starts; if you make changes to your PunkBuster settings and you want the changes to be permanent, then enter this command after making the changes

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

UPDATE FLASH

pass time,lol

Thanks Mic, the commands are useful but i still can't kick a single person it's like either PB or teh game can't tell the difference so it kicks everyone outta the server when i try.

Originally posted by CAP_wildBill:
    Thanks Mic, the commands are useful but i still can't kick a single person it's like either PB or teh game can't tell the difference so it kicks everyone outta the server when i try.
    It's a known bug. UBI has done nothing to resolve it.