Thread: Line Of Sight Question | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity Season Pass Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Co-op Heist Mission Commented Demo [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

When watching out for your hunter, is line of sight dictated by where you are aiming the CAMERA, or is it dictated by where your character is physically looking within the game?

For example I was walking forward with my character, but had my camera facing behind me. I knew the guy coming up behind me was probably going to kill me, yet I didn't see a red arrow till he was almost directly ontop of me. Was this a fault of my "camera aim", or was this because line of sight is through the character's eyes only, not the camera?

And let's say *I* know that a guy behind me is a player, and I know that he sees me, but there isn't a red arrow yet. Will running away cause the chase mechanic, or does the arrow have to be there?

Actually on that note, if a guy already has you locked, does going around a corner break the lock? Does hiding in a crowd or a haystack or any kind of hide break the lock?

Thanks! I've never played Assassin's Creed before, and I admittedly havn't played offline at all. I just played the MP tutorial and then hopped on. The game seems pretty common sense, but if I don't know how the mechanics work that doesn't help me much lol.

Also if I'm in a crowd with people that look by me and I know my hunter is coming up to the crowd trying to figure out which one to kill, how do I stun him? I know, press B, but do I have to hold the camera on him till there's a red arrow, or does B come up on the screen (or both), or can I just hit it, or should I just run away, or?

And on that note, let's say I do run away.. If he chases me, that drops his stealth meter, which will inevitably trigger the chase mechanic if he keeps following me anyway, right?
    "Super Genius"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

If you're shooting the gun or throwing knives your line of sight is where your char is looking. Other than that you can move the camera however you like, our char will follow where you move the left analog stick

The chase mechanism will only trigger if they start running after you, if they walk no chase will be triggered

For the locking; if you go around buildings it will eventually cancel the lock as long as you're no longer in your hunter's line of sight, so if ur being chased don't run in a straight line if you can. And yes, hiding in a haystack will speed up the escape but if your hunter is fast enough he can still get you

If you know they're coming towards the crowd, the best bet is to use the smoke bomb before stunning,if you try to do it too soon they can counter and kill you still. If you run you take the risk of being exposed, sometimes it's best to let them try and guess which one is you, however if they have Templar vision then they'll know which one you are

And for your last question I think I answers it above; the chase will only be triggered if they start running

Leader of the Happy Turrets - http://bit.ly/HTrecruit
    PSN: Rainie XBox/PC/PSN (alt): Kriticalraine
    My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rainiethg

Ahh ok, that helps alot, thanks!

I've heard about the smoke bomb trick, but again, how do you actually stun though? Does there have to be a red arrow? And does B pop up on the screen somewhere (and again does the red arrow have to be there FOR it to pop up if it does), or how does that work? And how do they counter the stun? How do you counter your target's stun if he tries it on you?

Alot of little questions within 1 question I know, but "learning from experience" could take several days of getting owned because it all happens in the blink of an eye.. And well, most of you have been playing the beta and already know, LoL, so that would help alot!
    "Super Genius"

Stun will always come up on your pursuer, no matter what. I have a bad habit of accidentally walking directly by my pursuer. How do I know this? The red B button above their head pops up. When you stun, though, (If you haven't read all the stun threads) make sure you catch them by surprise, or it will fail.