hi, i've started to use paintshop pro, and was playing around with some insignia, with a view to replacing some of the ones currently used via matmanger.
i've got my insignia looking how i want, but how do i add an alpha channel, at the moment its just rgb, i tried duplicating one across from another insignia from matmanager, but everytime i go to save it as a tga, it looses it.
i probably being very thick, but any help much appropriated,
1. Select what you want to become an alpha channel. Then Selections -> Save To Alpha Channel.
2. The 'Save to Alpha Dialog' box opens.
- The filename of the image appears in the 'Available Documents' box, and the selection is displayed in the 'Preview' box.
3. In the 'Available Alpha' list, double-click 'New Channel', or highlight 'New Channel', and click 'OK'.
- The 'New Channel' dialog box opens.
4. Name the new selection.
5. Click 'OK'.
- PSP will save the selection to the alpha channel and close both dialog boxes.
PSP 8 (and later):
1. Make a selection in the image.
2. Selections -> Load/Save Selections -> Save Selection to Alpha Channel opens the 'Save Selection to Alpha Channel' dialog.
- The 'Add to document' drop-down list displays the image name and below it are any alpha channels in the image.
3. To edit the default name for the new alpha channel, type a new name in the 'Name' edit box.
4. Click 'Save'.
- The selection is saved to the alpha channel.
SAVING MASKS TO ALPHA CHANNEL:
PSP 7: Activate mask then Masks -> Save To Alpha Channel
PSP 8 (and later): Activate mask then Layers -> Load/Save Mask -> Save Mask To Alpha Channel