Thread: PoP: 2 Thrones | Forums

So I have T2T installed, but when I try to run it I get a notice that says "The program can't start because EAX.DLL is missing from your computer"

I had the same issue with The Sands of Time when I tried to open the direct executable, but was able to run it fine when I started the autorun.exe then chose Play from the list there. Unfortunately with the T2T autorun.exe this is not one on the list of options.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem? Missing EAX.dll seems to be a common issue with some games, but am having a hard time finding a solution.

Thanks!

Amazon.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Amazon_Alani:
    So I have T2T installed, but when I try to run it I get a notice that says "The program can't start because EAX.DLL is missing from your computer"
    Which Copy of these Games do you have ? Is it a RETAIL edition, or a digital download from STEAM etc. ? Have you tried re-installing the Game ?

What are your PC specs ? Have you fully updated all your Drivers, including the Sound Card/Audio drivers ? Which OS are you using ?

The file eax.dll is an application registered to Creative Technologies. The eax.dll module is part of Creative SoundBlaster drivers.

You can also Copy the EAX.dll from inside the 'POP:The sands of time' folder. It must be inside the Video Folder. You can then place this .dll file inside the T2T's main folder and path, where all other .dll files are there. Also give this a read:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/...nd-missing-error.htm

I've uploaded this file here, just in case you need it. First Save this file to your desktop.

http://www.2shared.com/file/murOfbhr/eax.html

---------------------------------------------------------

It's retail, and my computer can more than handle the game regarding specs.

Ok, so I copied over the eax.dll. When I tried to start it, it said I didn't have bink32.dll. I copied that over. Next time I tried to start it it said I didn't have amir.dll. I copied that over from the T2T cd.

When I tried to start the game I got a message saying application is installed successfully, reboot computer to continue. I hit yes.

My computer restarted and tried to load files but couldn't, and gave me message my computer couldn't start. It tried to fix the problem, no luck. It seemed pretty messed up! Eventually I figured out how to get to a system restore page, and was able to get my computer back running based off a system save a few days ago (yay!).

Any idea what's up with this? When I try to start the game again now, it's back to asking for a reboot. I'm not too keen on trying that again!

Amazon.

Originally posted by Amazon_Alani:
    It's retail, and my computer can more than handle the game regarding specs.
    Even if your computer can handle the game, listing the OS and the specs gives an insight into the problem.....

Anyway, does this happen Only when you play T2T on your Computer ? Can you play all other PC Games on your Computer, without any issues ?

It looks like some of the Game files messed up with your OS, or there was some conflict. I suggest, you first try to Remove ALL the Game entries/folders relating to T2T from your PC, and then re-install the FULL game again. Also try to remove the Game REGISTRY entries, if you can. After that do a FRESH re-install of the Game from your CD.

Or, Could this be a COPY-protection driver issue ? Starforce drivers ? Try to install and run the Game under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility' Mode, if necessary, and then see what happens ? That's why I asked you about your OS/Specs. Because there have been issues with POP:T2T on Windows 7 OS. But if you have Win XP, then no need to do this....

I think there is a 'StarForce free' Version of this game as well, and it works under Windows 7/Vista.

But first try to run the Setup.exe file under 'Windows XP Compatibility mode, and run it as an ADMIN as well. Or you can also try the 'Troubleshoot Compatibility Option, under Windows 7....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA pennygod's Avatar
    Hey Amazon_Alani

I have seen this error occur because of the Starforce DRM that the game has. I do know that if you are trying to launch the Two Thrones on Vista or Win 7 it will not launch even if you get the latest drivers from Starforce.

I have seen this error occur because of the Starforce DRM that the game has. I do know that if you are trying to launch the Two Thrones on Vista or Win 7 it will not launch even if you get the latest drivers from Starforce.
    Yeah, I think it mentioned something about that at one point. I have Windows XP though.

Anyways, I'm good to go now. I downloaded T2T off Steam ($4!) and it works perfectly. I got the version I was having trouble with 2nd hand for $7 so I'm not too fussed about the money.

I'm a few hours into the game now and loving it. Definitely going to become my favorite POP game.

Thanks for your help!

Amazon.

PoP: 2 Thrones
    Thanks for the update, Amazon !

So you are having Windows XP OS ? Anyway, I'm glad you got the game working now, and that was a real good deal/bargain from STEAM !
    Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------