Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: topedos just bounce of target | Forums

im still in academy in when i i hit a target with a topedo it just bounce of and nothing happens why is that??? and why cant i manual find range and speed and angel og bow??? it just find it auto when i go over the taget... should i be able to use the notepad?? but nothong happens when i oush range,speed,aob
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

im still in academy in when i i hit a target with a topedo it just bounce of and nothing happens why is that??? and why cant i manual find range and speed and angel og bow??? it just find it auto when i go over the taget... should i be able to use the notepad?? but nothong happens when i oush range,speed,aob

sorry for the typeing... i got my kit slashing the keyboard

You need to switch the pistol from Impact and magnetic to just impact in the attack map screen. Page 51 of the manual explains the problems with torps and what the commanders did to make sure the torps worked.

they still do it, in both I and M plz help im here pulling all my hair off..... plz tell me why i cant do it manual?? nothing happens when i push on the notepad, for range, speed, bow,
    what am i doing wrong???

you are doing nothing wrong, the early torps always missfires, prematurly detonated, bounced off, the chance of one acutally damaging a target was aprox 25% ish chance. If you want to hit a target fire off all torps you have loaded, atleast 1 will hit if atall lol.
    when you start a camp u will beable to trun dud torps off

In the Early war there are many DUDs, but also the angle that the torpedo hits the ship have something to say. If you hit at a very small angle the chance of it bouncing off is greater then if you hit it at a 90 degree angle.

you have to hit the check mark on the pad of paper to load the data into the tdc after you aguire the target and rangea it.other wise the fuses are not set. it only too me about 1 day to figure that out

90 degree angle ,try from 500-1000m ok so the torpedo have time to set the fuces and change the speed to fast for the tordedos ..
    ---------------------------
    Hot sauna..Cold beer..Yeeeh

The Germans had huge problems with both their impact and magnetic combat pistols, as well as huge problems with their depthkeeping gear.

Uboat commands had to sometimes put an unbelievabley large number of torps into merchants to get them to sink.

Gunter Prien had such problems he just about threw a fit after one patrol.

SH3 is the only subsim to do dud correctly.

Have you seen any premature detonations yet. I couldn't believe they programmed this is.

All these problems weren't finally resolved until the END OF 1942!!!!! Soif your starting in 1939 you have a lot of wonderful realistic frustration ahead of you!!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"Nietzsche is boring and stupid." - Leo Tolstoy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast