Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Presenting: Tora's A&C Tarot Deck | Forums

The Ara were there when we first landed in Now Here (they helped clean up), and they certainly never left the building when we headed out on our next great adventure. I assume they do, in fact, travel with the Hotel. Kind of like the light fixtures.

Aren't they some kind of demon or something?
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

As far as I remember they were alien warriors TLG introduced into the story to fight Jareth the Goblin King, and somehow they got recruited as kitchen staff since they had no way of returning home. I don't think they're demons, though, just aliens.
    I used to be a know-it-all. Then I made a wish...
    I wished to be happy instead of angry all the time.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Card for the day: Empress Speedy, reversed. Too easy-going. Not sticking up for your own rights.

Oh. It's going to be one of those days. The nutcases are out, and I've got to be nice to them. Darn customer service job!
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

As I recall Ara were modeled after the creepy Zerg aliens from Starcraft:

I'm sure I could read between the lines,
    if only the lines themselves were a little clearer...

Now we know why only the regulars drink at the A&C bar!

I'm attempting to check in on the forums more often. Any more tarot reading requests while I'm relatively undistracted?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three card reading for the A&C, current Faerie vs Ahuri vs Nyrond plot:

Card 1: Two of Pens - Good advice being given and received.
    Card 2: Five of KIs, reversed - Unforseen expenses.
    Card 3: Six of Pens - Victory, successful attainment of your objectives.

Oh goody, everyone listened to the cards from the last few readings! That got us going in the right direction. Granted, we've been stuck with a bit more haggling - er, negotiations - and side-trips than expected, but we're doing alright. Might take a few more bribes though. I mean donations. For the common good, and all that. Don't worry, the A&C will reach home with everyone safe, if possibly lighter in the pockets. Success is guaranteed!

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are the personal advice of the cards and not in any way actually guaranteed absolutely true. Some exclusions may apply. Pray to Ahura Mazda for details.
    Last edited by Tora_Neko; 08-16-2012 at 03:31 AM.

Zander and Jahura, a reading for you! Using the Faerie Oracle.

The Master Maker: Skill, Craftsmanship, Magician, Moral Strength, Invention. Long-lasting achievment, creative problem solving, and confident action. Cooperating with others. Teaching others your craft. You two are excellent Writers. Your writing has inspired all of us. Don't cut corners or take the easy way out. There's always another solution. Do your best, and then make it even better!

Death: Natural, timely endings. Release. Liberation. Ending old cycles makes way for something new. When change comes, it may be resisted, but it is inevitable and irrevocable. Let go. Change is of both inner and outer self. Draw new hope and courage from this. Let old ideas lay to rest and discover new ideas. Take some time out for a breather before jumping back in.

The Bright Mother, reversed: Creativity. Nurturing. Productivity. Intimacy. Sheltering. The nurtuing of ourselves and others. The deepening of relationships. No holding back. After your rest period, the time for productivity returns. Give support to others. (Re)Join the group. Your writing will be creative and productive. It may be difficult for you to take this last step to rejoin us, but we are here for you. We will support you in turn. Relearn confidence. Patience may be required. We will wait, because we know rushing into things can cause problems. Take your time to think things through, and really develop those new ideas. We don't expect you to do everything. When you are ready to work together, to move forward, we'll be here.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516