Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Presenting: Tora's A&C Tarot Deck | Forums

Dr. Marae, Professor of D'ni Ethnomusicology and Terpsichore, and Duke, OutStanding in His Field marae's Avatar
    Excellent reading, Tora. Very well thought out and written.

I like the quantum solution to our hotel quandary. Let it be back where it belongs; perhaps we will return to where it "was" in Now Here and it won't be there anymore? Then all we have to do is get all of *us* home safely, and a Faerie gate would be a reasonable way to do that, once we find one.

Happily Institutionalized Maven of Mad Libs
    ...perhaps the crocodile has not yet been eaten...

MO:ULagain KI #541383
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Very interesting. A thought provoking reading. Introspection certainly comes naturally to Isaac, and his writer, and I have been wondering what conclusion he would eventually come to. Thanks for the input, Tora! I think I shall use it.

I'm sure I could read between the lines,
    if only the lines themselves were a little clearer...

I think I mentioned some time back that I got two new decks. My first deck is dragon themed but otherwise the usual tarot deck. My new two are both faerie themed: The Faeries' Oracle, and The Heart of Faerie Oracle.

The Faeries' Oracle includes card 0, which is not only completely blank but also completely white. This one apparently represents You.

The Heart of Faerie Oracle is a bit more confusing, and frustrating; they have three cards with different pictures, but no name or number on them. These cards have no discription, not even a mention in the book. All the book says is it gives me 68 cards. I sorted through them - cards 1 through 65 and three nameless cards. Eek!

I'm trying my best to decide what I think they should mean, which I am sure is the point of the creators leaving these without name, number, or description. In fact, one of these has already turned up in my reading for the Hotel! Definately a Faerie influence there.

Anyone want to risk a reading from one of these tricky decks? These are oracle cards, mind you, not tarot cards, so there are differences, like lack of suit cards. Any suggestions for different layouts than what I've been using is welcome, particularly from those who use tarot and/or oracle cards.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

What little I know about oracle cards is that they tend to focus on emotional matters rather than material. So I suppose a question from Jahura could be: how do we best clean up the mess we made? Since they're your cards I think using whatever spread best works for you works best for all.
    I used to be a know-it-all. Then I made a wish...
    I wished to be happy instead of angry all the time.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Heart of Faerie is geared more toward romance, so this reading uses the Faeries' Oracle for a more general question.

Jahura asks: How do we best clean up the mess we made?

Card1: Gawtcha (the Out of the Blue Faery) (reversed): Sudden shock. Unexpected events. Rude awakenings.
    Card2: The Laume: Unconditional giving. Unconditional receiving.
    Card3: Taitin the Sylph (reversed): Acute intellect. Quickness. Mental synthesis. Discernment.
    Card4: The Singer of Courage (reverse): Bravery. Sublimation of fear. Moral strength.
    Card5: He of the Fiery Sword (reversed): The active principle. Spiritual will. Justice. Protection.

The Reading:
    Gotcha! Are you awake now? Good. Time to learn how to balance the good and bad in your life and roll with the punches. Listen to your intuition; if you took a wrong turn, then said, “I knew I should have gone the other way!” well why didn’t you go the other way? That’s Gawtcha tapping on your shoulder. Got a bit too stuck in your old ways? Well you’ve been shocked out of them now. Try being a bit more spontaneous. Keep moving in a new direction. Try many new things.

Charity. Generousity. There are times you need to give until it hurts –not often, just when it is needful. Prepare to make a personal sacrifice. Let go of frivolous things. See how mired you are in all that stuff you’ve been collecting? Let it go. If someone else needs it, give it away. Stop focusing on yourself and look to others in need. Give with joy and love in your heart. Let any negative emotions go, don’t collect them or pass them on.

Quick of thought, adaptable, enthusiastic – these things you might be. Right now, though, you are unreliable. You are likely to get into arguments for the sake of the excitement of arguing! You and everyone around you must make an effort to Earth yourselves. Ground and center. Meditate. Take deep breaths and calm down. Rational thought will return and we can move on from here.

Are you calm now? Good. You are going to need it. Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to act without being hampered by it (No, Tully, not a food hamper). You have let self-doubt hold you at a near stand-still. Do some soul-searching. Step back, make a list. What is worrying you? What obstacles surround you? What are you afraid of? This is the first step in confronting your fears. Begin with small steps. Take these one at a time, and don’t be afraid to ask for a little help if you need it to get started. Don’t let fear and doubt paralyse you, or nothing can get done.

Now that you are calm and focused, now that you have let go, given away, stepped forward with shoulders back and head high, now is the time for action. Difficult times are ahead, they will call for your strength in will and compassion. Join those that call to your heart and soul. A Sword may not be your weapon; find your strength. Go.

You know, I made this reading before I caught up on my reading in the A&C. Last I'd read, Zander and Jahura were knee-deep in Relto and wondering where their Linking Books had all gone, with Z and J mad about all the junk that had gotten tossed on them....
    Last edited by Tora_Neko; 04-08-2012 at 11:38 PM.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

It seems she's already got into arguments for the sake of arguing. Letting go of frivolous things? Easier said than done, obviously. Singer of Courage and Firey Sword are pretty clear messages. We'll see how it pans out.
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Marae shall be going on a three week vacation. To send her on her way, I shall draw one card and read the auspices of her travels:

*shuffle shuffle shuffle*

The card drawn for Marae is: Marae the High Priestess. "Be guided by your intuition."

Well that was appropriate!

Relax and have fun Marae! Enjoy your trip, hang out with friends, do whatever you feel like!

between the city and the farm, Mid-Atlantic, USA
    Hey there, question for Speedy:
    With Speedy and the penguins ultimately returning to the hotel soon, how will they take their return back home given all of the chaos that has happened since they left?
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    Albert Einstein

1. Present Position: King Atrus of Books: You’ve won the war, now you must win the peace.
    2. Immediate Influence: King Stellaflora of Ki’s, reversed: A man at the top of his trade or profession.
    3. Goal or Destiny: Seven of Books, reversed: Making an important but worthwhile sacrifice.
    4. Distant Past Foundation: Tora’s Star: Realization, hope, inspiration.
    5. Recent Past Events: Tianna’s Strength, reversed: Too emotional. Not thinking things through.
    6. Future Influence: Five of Pens: Challenge for others – hold fast to your resolve!

7. The Questioner: Nine of Pens: Take down your barriers – let other people support you.
    8. Environmental Factors: Three of Books: Heartbreak, unless you can communicate.
    9. Inner Emotions: Ten of Books, reversed: Unable to have an effect or change inlfuences going on around you. The need to just go along with the flow.
    10. Final Result: Two of Beetles, reversed: A new relationship starting, or a new phase in an existing relationship.

The Reading: You’ve had a nice vacation from the chaos. You even let yourself stop thinking while you stopped stressing. But now it’s time to slog back into it. Be careful, you’re coming back in the middle of a conflict. Between Hugh, Zander, and the Ahuri, there’s certainly going to be much trouble before we’re done. Try talking things through first, see if the Ahuri will help move the Hotel back where it should be; however, it is likely to come to a fight. These Ahuri have their orders, and as long as the Hotel is stuck in Pompeii their orders seem to include the A&C’s destruction with everything else.

Don’t back down, the Hotel is your domain! You’ve got Hugh and Jahura on site as your captains, the Ara make a small yet dedicated SWAT team, and Zander is just a KI away for off-the-wall strategy. Don’t worry about being unable to bring the Hotel and residents through safely, you can definitely do this. Take charge General Speedy, take your broom, take those little chaos masterminds you call penguins, and take back your Hotel!

And who knows, we may gain their respect and actually find we have a better working relationship with Ahura Mazda and the Ahuri after this.
    Last edited by Tora_Neko; 04-24-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Wait -

the Ara have been there the whole time?

*thinks a moment, then starts typing*
    Then suddenly...
    I forgot it all.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast