Tora's Age & Country Hotel Tarot Deck
Unless otherwise specified, see Rider-Waite deck for configuration in A&C/Ages settings.
All figures are to be clothed at all times. This is a family forum, thank you.
All images are in the style of KI pics, different seasons and settings evident/implied by description.
Apologies to those who didn't make it in. I tried to use everyone I was most familiar with.
Choice 1: Journey Cloth; sandy background with rust-red border and swirly handprint.
Choice 2: Shell Cloth; light blue background with grey border, or green* background with brown border, and white swirly shell symbol.
*The Shell Cloths were blue in PotS/CC, but for some reason were changed to green in MOUL....
Choice 3: DRC Stamp: aged-parchment colored background with bright red Kerath Arch-in-Triangle symbol and 'DRC' in block-type letters underneath.
Choice 4: Watcher Journal: light blue book cover with dark blue stylized face.
Choice 5: Linking Book; comes as a Relto Book Cover (Yeesha symbol in middle) or any of the Linking Books on your bookshelf, your choice (you can choose Cover or Spine layouts for closed-book or open-book appearance). Snapshot of full bookshelf (courtesy of Phil's Relto) also available.
The Hierophant, Reversed = The Heretic (Zander insisted)
The Hanged Man = The Hanging Goddess
The Tower = The Starry Fissure
The World = The Age & Country Hotel
0. The Fool: Tully, standing precariously on chair to put up mistletoe, distracted by a passing Ara with a plate of cookies.
1. The Magician: Jeff, demonstrating water alchemy.
2. The High Priestess: Marae, at the Shrine. Tree on one side, Lantern on the other, the Well before her. A faint rainbow shimmers over the water.
3. The Empress: Speedy, with broom, foreground. XYZ in background.
4. The Emperor: Achenar, changing out of phoenix form in burst of fire.
5. The (Heretic) Hierophant: Zander, with N-band, planning a coup.
6. The Lovers: Jade and Grizz, picnicking in a forest glade.
7. The Chariot: Duke, pulling Christmas sleigh in snowy field, giving 2 Vikings (Thorstein and Gisli) a ride.
8. Strength: Tianna hovers, patting Desiree (cat form) on the nose.
9. The Hermit: Yeesha, holding out Linking Book (The Cleft, Imager room).
10. The Wheel of Fortune: Id (demon), Myself (mog), I (human), and Me (boppy) chasing selves around in a circle.
11. Justice: Scales on Lobby registration desk. Green Fairy in one side, PaperDragon in the other, NikNak hovers looking curious, Green Thing writes in registration/log book to one side.
12. The Hanging Goddess: Jahura, hanging over stair banister by one ankle caught in Christmas wreaths. Possible eggnog or Silver Dragon inebriation suspected.
13. Death: Kadish skeleton in treasure vault. Linking Book visible.
14. Temperance: Blue and Grey Tasho having water pistol fight on the beach.
15. The Devil: At bar, Kes with arms over Ty's and (human-sized) Rygell's shoulders, each giving mischievous grins. Blurry figure of up-side-down Jahura in background. Now have explanation for earlier image.
16. The Starry Fissure: Bahro Cave, Tir running from glowing handprint as Bahro Pillar dissolves, Toz jumping into Starry Fissure.
17. The Star: Tora (barefoot) in Eder Gira at night, filling two mugs from pool outside waterfall. One knee on land, one foot in water, distracted by stunning starry sky and fireflies, looking upward. Mugs spilling, one on land and one in water.
18. The Moon: OracleSong and Artemis out by Shrine's well/pool at night, moon overhead. Oracle sleeps with head in Artemis' lap, Artemis looks lovingly down at her. Framed on either side by Tree and Flame, Salmon of Wisdom peeks from Well.
19. The Sun: Neko out in Duke's field, surrounded by wildflowers, leaps at a ****erfly, with sun overhead (looks like sun is haloing ****erfly and Neko is leaping at sun).
20. Judgment: RaPhil (wearing halo), sitting on veranda with mug, watching with a smile as the three penguins play in the surf.
21. The Age & Country Hotel: Overhead shot, pic of A&C with surrounding different landscapes blending into one another.
Suit of Pens
Element of Fire; energy, action, and power. Parallels Clubs, Wands, Batons, or Staves.
Ace: DRC Logo
Page: Spread Eagle
Knight: Gestalt (full band) (The Knights Who Say Nib!)
Suit of Books
Element of Air; states of mind and states of conflict. Parallels Spades or Swords.
Ace: Yeesha Emblem
Page: Immaculate Anchorite in a Teryline Tarboosh (I.A.T.T.)
Knight: Isaac (I)
Suit of Beetles
Element of Water; emotions and feelings. Parallels Hearts, Cups, or Chalices.
Ace: Great Tree Symbol
Suit of KIs
Element of Earth; material and financial conditions. Parallels Diamonds, Coins, Pentacles, Disks, Rings, or really anything round.
Ace: Maintainer Mark
Page: Hugh Sacristan
Knight: Holodroid Beta One
Queen: Lethiel Nyrond
King: Stellaflora Nobody (King Nobody?!)
Notes For Tarot Readings
10 card spread: "Tree of Life" (described in Notes, elaborate reading)
3 card spread: Past, Present, Future (short reading)
Cards set out in the "Tree of Life" pattern:
Card 1 in the middle ˜crossed' by 2 (actually laid sideways underneath 1 for ease in reading), 3 above, 4 below, 5 to the left, 6 to the right (forms shape of a cross), cards 7-10 going up (i.e. bottom-to-top) in a column to the right of cards 1-6.
Cards set out in the "3 Card Reading" pattern:
Three cards laid out in a row. Left to right, first card is "Past" second card is "Present" and third card is "Future"
The way my booklet works it gives me two different interpretations of the major arcana depending on whether they are right side up or reversed; in this case the "reverse" readings are nearly the opposite of the "normal" or "divinatory" readings. Case in point: The High Priestess. Divinatory Reading: "Be guided by your intuition." Reverse Reading: "Superstitious, deluded."
For the minor arcana it only gives a single definition for each card, which is where the "challenge, advice, warning, etc" for a reverse reading comes in.
In the case of a Reversed Card 2, which is laid sideways:
I always make sure the Card 2 is turned top-to-the-left; that way I know the "top" of the card (when I took it off the pile) is pointing left. Therefore, if the bottom of the card is to the right, Card 2 is read as Normal, and if the bottom is facing to the left, Card 2 is read as Reversed.
Preference of which way the card is turned goes to the Diviner, just make sure you remember which direction you laid it down so you can make an accurate reading.
Not all tarot readings directly or even indirectly answer the question voiced. Sometimes the cards take it upon themselves to say what they think needs to be heard, rather than what you want to hear. Hopefully, this will lead the Questioner to some helpful insight.
Note 5 Addendum: Accuracy is not guarenteed, especially for RL/OOC readings, as mystical energies between You and The Cards can be diluted or lost over the ethernet.
Note 5 Addendum Corollary: However, IC readings may be more accurate between Your Characters and The Cards, as The Cards only need to reach as far as the Internet for Your Characters' e-mystical energies. Plus, I know many of the characters from the A&C Hotel and thus can aim (cheat) readings at known personalities/pick up e-mystical energies of Characters better than RL-mystical energies of Writers.