Thread: Religion in Assassin's Creed | Forums

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by ArabianFrost Go to original post
    Not yet. I still find flaws in his method. What first led the fall of those who came before, will certainly lead to the fall of those who came after and seek to repeat what was before them. I don't want to repeat exceedingly ancient history, but I also don't seek to disregard it, for it has brought with it great civilisation and advancement. Should anyone ever be able to strike a balance between control and pleasantness, then it is their creed by which I will abide and it is their union that I will join, until then I am nothing but a lost soul, wandering between the myriad of ideas this and other species have to offer. I should make my group. Want to join? We (I) belong to the "Equilibrium". We have cookies and POEs.
    Your offer sound generous :|

I`ll settle for just the cookies

ArabianFrost's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    this occurs way too often...

bring me a naked female dammit and I`ll demonstrate.......my love for Biology
    Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Your offer sound generous :|

I`ll settle for just the cookies
    The hell with you. Either you join The equilibrium or you ain't gonna take no cookies.

pirate1802's Avatar AC Expert
    You got girls too? That might entice me to join your group.

Or, just give me the PoE that conjures reality out of thoughts. That'll take care of... things :|

shobhit7777777's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MasterAssasin84 Go to original post
    Serious dude its a real eye opener !! i just wish people would extend their minds before making rash judgements !! i mean i was guilty of it at one point before i travelled and i found that travelling does bring a degree of enlightenment.
    Travelling is the best education...IMO

It does away with simple notions, stereotypes, false assumptions...broadens your horizons in ways that nothing else can.

I've been to Congo (Zaire), South Africa, USA, Italy, France, Switzerland, GB, Scotland, Thailand and the length and breadth of India..which is an entire continent unto itself. Those experiences have enriched me more so than any formal education I've recieved. I plan to explore India a bit more...do a South-North trip...end up at the foothills of the Himalayas..abode of Shiva and home to pristine beauty.

Then back to the civilized world and some virtual templar slaughter

Originally Posted by pirate1802 Go to original post
    You got girls too? That might entice me to join your group.

Or, just give me the PoE that conjures reality out of thoughts. That'll take care of... things :|
    We have a brothel nearby, you can always give them a visit on me. Should I sign you up for the 30 year member ship or the 60 year membership?

What is "Equilibrium" group btw? What is it all about? Some kind of sect? Where are you from guys? How many are you?

I'm just curious. All I know about Equilibrium is:

RinoTheBouncer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ArabianFrost Go to original post
    That is why we need the apple to control people. Humans can no longer fathom what is good for themselves, thus, we need to do the understanding for them by our own hands. May the father of understanding guide us, but that's for another thread it seems.
    I agree, but who decide whether that person who holds the Apple is qualified enough to use it for the right reasons?

Originally Posted by AjinkyaParuleka Go to original post
    I believe many Assassins and Templar believed in God.Its not like all Templar and Assassins saw twcb stuff.Actually Minerva did confirmed that they certainly were not gods and goddesses,just messengers,messengers through their artifacts.It is Human who entitled them as Gods,because the use of their advanced technology.Gods probably started to exist after a few generations passed over after 75k catastrophe.
    Assassins are not all atheist group,they promote free will,you can do what you want,believe any religion,any idea.I,for once is an atheist.Religion has played parts in human history.I strongly believe the Ancient Astronauts theory.
    And for that Yasin guy,Altair was an atheist,that's for sure,and Ezio was certainly not Muslim,and he did not wanted to become Altair,did you not hear him say"Do not follow me or someone else,follow your own beliefs,your own Ideas"Why the hell he should follow Altair.
    He was lucky M,wasn't here,he would have owned him in a matter of seconds.
    I agree with you about Ancient Astronauts Theory and the rest. I think seeing TWCB doesn't confirm that there's no creator for the universe. Perhaps the way religion was delivered to us and the knowledge about this deity was under heavy influence of certain groups that tailored it to insure their own benefits remain preserved. Just like how a powerful civilization was labeled "Gods", the stories we know about religion might have undergone some alterations and modifications.

Anyway, I'm a Muslim myself but I'm opening to learning and reading theories, ideas and different possibilities and analysis. After all, we're all in search of the truth.

I also agree with you about Ezio. I don't think Ezio was completely an atheist. I think he was searching, he lived and died searching for knowledge. He promoted the freedom of choice to believe in what you want (which is what Islam promotes in clear texts that each person is free to practice their beliefs in peace). Not saying he's a Muslim but he's probably following a very enlightened path where he's open for new ideas, thoughts, facts and theories.

With Connor, I'm sure he also has a certain look at the world, it doesn't make him a believer nor an atheist. With him, the connection to religion was more ambiguous than with Ezio and Altair (through the dialogues and codex, respectively).

Originally Posted by TinyTemplar Go to original post
    What is "Equilibrium" group btw? What is it all about? Some kind of sect? Where are you from guys? How many are you?

I'm just curious. All I know about Equilibrium is:

Tired of the ruthless ways of templars, we have decided to start our own organisation, striving tk create a world where control prevails over all, however, we attempt to do that with our world being pleasant about such control, not repulsed by it, unlike the Templars and their heinous means. We also tend to borrow some ideals from the assassin order, but such things I am not ready to mention, until the minds of people are opened. Until now, it's only me and I think pirate may join, so we are fairly uncorrected. We also have cookies. Wish to join?