Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurgency install - 'Catastrophic Failure'? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Originally posted by GuZZ33:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soggy2002:
    still no luck with the whole 'catastrophe' which seems to have no inherent plausibility. It's odd.
    Retail or steam version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retail.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Not to be rude, but I assume you guys tried installing it without your firewall running to see if that's what made it fail?

Originally posted by Six_Gun:
    Not to be rude, but I assume you guys tried installing it without your firewall running to see if that's what made it fail?
    *check* Apparently my firewall has been off anyway :/ Tried with it on, too, no difference.

Originally posted by Soggy2002:
    *check* Apparently my firewall has been off anyway :/ Tried with it on, too, no difference.
    Which OS do you have? May be you should update your Windows Installer.

Also, try to find "Deniable_Ops_Insurgency.exe" after extracting. If you have Windows 7, Ubisoft Extractor should extract it here:
    c:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Temp\DeniableOps\
    Try to run it from there as administrator.

Try to figure out checksum, or at least size for all three files:
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part1.exe
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part2.rar
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency.exe.

May be downloading was incorrect.

I've read some reports of drivers causing a little stress with regards to the newest patch for the base game.
    What drivers?, where did you read about this?.

This is how i managed the insurgency download.

Logged into UBIShop.
    Paid for Insurgency.
    Still logged in to UBIShop, i then clicked on BEGIN DOWNLOAD in the blue box/window.

And then i just let it download the files and then when prompted to install, i logged out of UBIShop and began the installation.

Cleaned up hard drive afterwards and then defragged hard drive, started up Splinter Cell Conviction and entered the serial Number that i was given when i was logged into UBIShop into the EXTRA menu in the games main menu, unlocked then played.

The first file i downloaded was SCC_Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_DownloadManager_EMEA_e n

Two other files are/were Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part 1 exe
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part 2 rar

These files automaticaly installed themselves except of course where the install asks for your input to continue.

There was also an option on the UBIShop page where i began to download Insurgency to add Extended Download Service -£3.49 incl. VAT. But i didn't use that.

Originally posted by NL.Edic:
    I feel for you really, Ubisoft is promoting piracy of games themselfs but they don't know it.
    I'm sorry but you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the way games work. Games will be cracked, and unwanted additional measures of protection removed. this is a given, however if you are smart enough to be aware of that fact, and actually support the games you play, it would be a no brainer for you to buy the game, and later crack it legally.
    "He who forgets, will be destined to remember..."

Official Technical Support: https://support.ubi.com/

Originally posted by KenTWOu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soggy2002:
    Which OS do you have? May be you should update your Windows Installer.

Also, try to find "Deniable_Ops_Insurgency.exe" after extracting. If you have Windows 7, Ubisoft Extractor should extract it here:
    c:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Temp\DeniableOps\
    Try to run it from there as administrator.

Try to figure out checksum, or at least size for all three files:
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part1.exe
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part2.rar
    Deniable_Ops_Insurgency.exe.

May be downloading was incorrect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I'm on XP so...no help there really.

I'm currently looking for Deniable_Ops_Insurgency.exe with the Search tool ^^

Your English is fine by the way.

Maybe I should just start over.

Okay. How it all began: Logged in to UBIShop, bought and downloaded, no extra stuff, no special codes, or random fluffy external things that I don't need. Just downloaded 'SCC_Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_DownloadManager_EMEA_ en.exe'. I double-clicked it, it downloads and extracts two files: 'Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part1.exe' and 'Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part2.rar' into a 'Downloads' folder on my desktop. I double-click the 'Deniable_Ops_Insurgency_Setup_EMEA.part1.exe' and it begins extracting data from itself and the .rar file. It finishes that and the installation starts up. I press 'Next', then select 'Agree'. It starts to install and as soon as it does 'Catastrophic failure'. Press 'Okay' and nothing happens. It just disappears into the abyss. I even tried entering the code I retrieved via email in-game, and then tried installing, no difference.

Maybe I should just start over.
    PC gaming can be very troublesome at times, it's what i call the enthusiast platform for gaming. It can be the best but also the the worst experience. You need much patience, lots of trial and error, but if you love pc gaming then you know the rerwards in the end.

Did you try a fresh clean Windows XP install and conviction too?.

Noo, I'm not that bothered yet really. I'll just wait for a bit until I'm REALLY bored of the DOps maps, playing all by myselves.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast