View Poll Results: What option would you vote for in this thread?

(This will be review and a new version will most l

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1: Classic Prestige

6 13.95%
  • 2: Modified Prestige

9 20.93%
  • 3: New Levels and Content

9 20.93%
  • 4: Tiered New Levels and Content

8 18.60%
  • 5: Don't change a thing

2 4.65%
  • 6: Aesthetic Prestige

9 20.93%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [POLL/DIALOGUE] Higher Level Options v.1 | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

So after posting and discussing about incentives after hitting level 50, in hopes of getting some light shined on the subject by the developers, I'm going to break down what people are hoping for after hitting the peak level, fifty, that may be added at some point, highlighting some of the best options and arguments for and against these said options.

After posting for Option 1 myself and another great thread that I was linked to by the poster shinra_59, i've read over quite a bit of the discussion on this topic and thought I would try to consolidate some of the better ideas for the sake of making this easier for the developers, as I know there a lot of level 50's out there really itching for something besides just the leaderboards, which are not quite accurate in a lot of the more important categories. For reference, here are the links to those two threads: My Thread & shinra_59's Thread

Now as a foreword to replies: Please try to keep replies constructive, both in your criticism of others' and your actual reply's content. Please don't just add in that you agree with someone. Try to make a new point/idea or expand on someone else's. If new options come about in this thread, they will be mentioned in the 2nd version, so please don't just post that you "totally agree" and don't just "QFT" in this thread. Enough of that, i'm dealing the deck, let's play cards.
    <span class="ev_code_BLUE">
    <LI>Option 1: Classic Prestige----------------------

Popularized by the Call of Duty series, you all know it(or hopefully should if you care enough about multiplayer gameplay in video games to be posting on here). You hit the top level, you have the option (read: you DO NOT HAVE TO PRESTIGE) to restart at level 1, losing everything you gained and simply getting some kind of indication on your name that you've prestiged, for nothing more than virtually bragging rights. Also, in CoD:Modern Warfare 2, you would earn an extra profile slot after every prestige. Would be kind of interesting to see this.

Not much to say about this, but it's the most popularized versions of the peak level incentive due to the Call of Duty series online. After reading over the two threads above, it seems to be the initial reaction of many (originally myself as well), but after reading some of the more thought out posts there are obviously better options on the card table here.

Pros: Pure Bragging rights, Points earned go towards new levels, Developers do not have to develop new content, Inherent challenge in stripping previously earned abilites, Extended interest in playing, Possible new profile slot after every prestige
    Cons: Lose abilities previously earned, Lose progress on challenges, Lose persona colors/gear, No new content

<LI>Option 2: Modified Prestige----------------------

Identical to the option above, just you do not lose content. You keep your progress on challenges, as well as abilities that you previously unlocked through challenges, but you earn new gear/colors and access to level-unlocked abilities (i.e. templar vision, mute, charge, etc.) as you progress through the levels again.

Naturally this would include the same kind of indication that you have prestiged for the bragging rights, but basically without the cons of Classic Prestige.

And as a side note, a lot of people are asking for some kind of badge/emblem/symbol they could throw onto their personas for this recognition as well, but I classify this in purely aesthetics in-game, which isn't really a necessity for the point of recognition here if you have the indicator next to your name. BUT I know a lot of people would love to prestige if they just had the option of unlocking new gear/colors/personas if they were able to earn the recognition of putting the time and energy into it. I've added this as a separate option as 'Option 6: Aesthetic Prestige'.

Pros: Pure Bragging rights, Points earned go towards new levels, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities, Developers do not have to develop new content -OR- New aesthetic content, Inherent challenge in stripping previously earned abilites, Extended interest in playing, Possible new profile slot after every prestige
    Cons: No new content -OR- Developers would have to develop new aesthetic content

<LI>Option 3: New Levels and Content------------------

Simply adding more levels that fit in with the regular upwards slope of XP required to gain said levels. These levels would include new content for higher levels as far as new gear/colors, new abilites, or access to new game modes.

Granted the developers would have to put a lot more work into this as far as balancing, creation, and implementation of new content, this seems to be one of the simplest answers, and for all I know they could already have some of this in the works.

New game modes, even if they are already being developed, in my opinion would most likely be detrimental to the multiplayer AC:B community right now, as it still takes quite a while to get into certain game modes during any times other than rush hours, even sometimes during rush hours. Adding more game modes would thin out the community more than how I personally feel (this may be whatever servers my online play is hooked into, but i seem to be running into people across the globe) that the multiplayer population can hold at the moment.

Another note a lot of people are asking for: Previous XP they've earned while at level 50 should apply to these new levels.

Pros: Points earned go towards new levels, New Content, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities
    Cons: Developers must make new content, New top level wall(we will run into the same predicament we are in right now, once we have a bunch of new peak level players)

<LI>Option 4: Tiered New Levels and Content-----------

Although slightly reminiscent of the higher level system of WoW, this is one of the more ingenious options proposed by shinra_59. It's much like the previous option, although the slope of XP required to gain new levels would be dramatically increased. See the original description in his thread HERE.

To break it down, it would implement a new batch of levels with new content, with the kicker that every new level beyond 50 would require a significant amount of XP in order to earn. This would keep people occupied for quite a while, and the higher levels would become much more significant in terms of completion.

This would separate the multiplayer community into a set of virtual 'rookies' and 'veterans'. Players below level 50 are still earning all of the basic abilities and what not, possibly still learn the in and outs of gameplay.Those level 50 and beyond would be part of a more experienced group of players, and would possibly have some kind of recognition for it. Still here, a key point is that no amount of gameplay time makes up for practiced skill.

Pros: New Content, Higher levels more difficult, Higher levels more significant, Would create the sense of a seasoned player, Points earned go towards new levels, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities, Extended interest in playing
    Cons: Developers would have to make new content, New Top Level Wall

<LI>Option 5: Don't do nuttin'-----------

Don't change a thing Ubisoft. You're perfect in every way.
    </span>

I am posting this because I really believe this game has won awards for multiplayer for a reason. It is really a new gaming experience that I know plenty of people are very impressed with, and I do not want to see it and its community fade, just grow and become something of recognition that will last and grow further so that when the next in the Assassin's Creed series comes out, it will have a solid fanbase and community that can persist into future titles of the series. This game ****ing RULES.

Again:Please try to keep replies constructive, both in your criticism of others' and your actual reply's content. Please don't just add in that you agree with someone. Try to make a new point/idea or expand on someone else's. If new options come about in this thread, they will be mentioned in the 2nd version, so please don't just post that you "totally agree" and don't just "QFT" in this thread. Enough of that, i'm dealing the deck, let's play cards.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

So after posting and discussing about incentives after hitting level 50, in hopes of getting some light shined on the subject by the developers, I'm going to break down what people are hoping for after hitting the peak level, fifty, that may be added at some point, highlighting some of the best options and arguments for and against these said options.

After posting for Option 1 myself and another great thread that I was linked to by the poster shinra_59, i've read over quite a bit of the discussion on this topic and thought I would try to consolidate some of the better ideas for the sake of making this easier for the developers, as I know there a lot of level 50's out there really itching for something besides just the leaderboards, which are not quite accurate in a lot of the more important categories. For reference, here are the links to those two threads: My Thread & shinra_59's Thread

Now as a foreword to replies: Please try to keep replies constructive, both in your criticism of others' and your actual reply's content. Please don't just add in that you agree with someone. Try to make a new point/idea or expand on someone else's. If new options come about in this thread, they will be mentioned in the 2nd version, so please don't just post that you "totally agree" and don't just "QFT" in this thread. Enough of that, i'm dealing the deck, let's play cards.
    <span class="ev_code_BLUE">
    <LI>Option 1: Classic Prestige----------------------

Popularized by the Call of Duty series, you all know it(or hopefully should if you care enough about multiplayer gameplay in video games to be posting on here). You hit the top level, you have the option (read: you DO NOT HAVE TO PRESTIGE) to restart at level 1, losing everything you gained and simply getting some kind of indication on your name that you've prestiged, for nothing more than virtually bragging rights. Also, in CoD:Modern Warfare 2, you would earn an extra profile slot after every prestige. Would be kind of interesting to see this.

Not much to say about this, but it's the most popularized versions of the peak level incentive due to the Call of Duty series online. After reading over the two threads above, it seems to be the initial reaction of many (originally myself as well), but after reading some of the more thought out posts there are obviously better options on the card table here.

Pros: Pure Bragging rights, Points earned go towards new levels, Developers do not have to develop new content, Inherent challenge in stripping previously earned abilites, Extended interest in playing, Possible new profile slot after every prestige
    Cons: Lose abilities previously earned, Lose progress on challenges, Lose persona colors/gear, No new content

<LI>Option 2: Modified Prestige----------------------

Identical to the option above, just you do not lose content. You keep your progress on challenges, as well as abilities that you previously unlocked through challenges, but you earn new gear/colors and access to level-unlocked abilities (i.e. templar vision, mute, charge, etc.) as you progress through the levels again.

Naturally this would include the same kind of indication that you have prestiged for the bragging rights, but basically without the cons of Classic Prestige.

And as a side note, a lot of people are asking for some kind of badge/emblem/symbol they could throw onto their personas for this recognition as well, but I classify this in purely aesthetics in-game, which isn't really a necessity for the point of recognition here if you have the indicator next to your name. BUT I know a lot of people would love to prestige if they just had the option of unlocking new gear/colors/personas if they were able to earn the recognition of putting the time and energy into it. I've added this as a separate option as 'Option 6: Aesthetic Prestige'.

Pros: Pure Bragging rights, Points earned go towards new levels, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities, Developers do not have to develop new content -OR- New aesthetic content, Inherent challenge in stripping previously earned abilites, Extended interest in playing, Possible new profile slot after every prestige
    Cons: No new content -OR- Developers would have to develop new aesthetic content

<LI>Option 3: New Levels and Content------------------

Simply adding more levels that fit in with the regular upwards slope of XP required to gain said levels. These levels would include new content for higher levels as far as new gear/colors, new abilites, or access to new game modes.

Granted the developers would have to put a lot more work into this as far as balancing, creation, and implementation of new content, this seems to be one of the simplest answers, and for all I know they could already have some of this in the works.

New game modes, even if they are already being developed, in my opinion would most likely be detrimental to the multiplayer AC:B community right now, as it still takes quite a while to get into certain game modes during any times other than rush hours, even sometimes during rush hours. Adding more game modes would thin out the community more than how I personally feel (this may be whatever servers my online play is hooked into, but i seem to be running into people across the globe) that the multiplayer population can hold at the moment.

Another note a lot of people are asking for: Previous XP they've earned while at level 50 should apply to these new levels.

Pros: Points earned go towards new levels, New Content, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities
    Cons: Developers must make new content, New top level wall(we will run into the same predicament we are in right now, once we have a bunch of new peak level players)

<LI>Option 4: Tiered New Levels and Content-----------

Although slightly reminiscent of the higher level system of WoW, this is one of the more ingenious options proposed by shinra_59. It's much like the previous option, although the slope of XP required to gain new levels would be dramatically increased. See the original description in his thread HERE.

To break it down, it would implement a new batch of levels with new content, with the kicker that every new level beyond 50 would require a significant amount of XP in order to earn. This would keep people occupied for quite a while, and the higher levels would become much more significant in terms of completion.

This would separate the multiplayer community into a set of virtual 'rookies' and 'veterans'. Players below level 50 are still earning all of the basic abilities and what not, possibly still learn the in and outs of gameplay.Those level 50 and beyond would be part of a more experienced group of players, and would possibly have some kind of recognition for it. Still here, a key point is that no amount of gameplay time makes up for practiced skill.

Pros: New Content, Higher levels more difficult, Higher levels more significant, Would create the sense of a seasoned player, Points earned go towards new levels, No loss of previous work towards challenges and unlockable abilities, Extended interest in playing
    Cons: Developers would have to make new content, New Top Level Wall

<LI>Option 5: Don't do nuttin'-----------

Don't change a thing Ubisoft. You're perfect in every way.
    </span>

I am posting this because I really believe this game has won awards for multiplayer for a reason. It is really a new gaming experience that I know plenty of people are very impressed with, and I do not want to see it and its community fade, just grow and become something of recognition that will last and grow further so that when the next in the Assassin's Creed series comes out, it will have a solid fanbase and community that can persist into future titles of the series. This game ****ing RULES.

Again:Please try to keep replies constructive, both in your criticism of others' and your actual reply's content. Please don't just add in that you agree with someone. Try to make a new point/idea or expand on someone else's. If new options come about in this thread, they will be mentioned in the 2nd version, so please don't just post that you "totally agree" and don't just "QFT" in this thread. Enough of that, i'm dealing the deck, let's play cards.

Banned
    So what would you call the suggestion I keep making in prestige threads:

Resets profiles, abilities, etc. but retains the cosmetic unlocks (gear + colours). Progressing through the levels again unlocks new gear and colour options in place of the already-unlocked ones.

I'd personally prefer, if possible, to retain challenge progress, but prevent access to any challenge versions of abilities until the basic version is unlocked (so no fast poison until you re-unlock poison).

Doesn't really fit any of your examples.

Aesthetic Prestige? The Sub-option if you read through all of Modified Prestige. Actually the one that I voted for at the moment.

Banned
    Ah. Misread the description of that option first time. My bad.

All good in the hood.

30 views and 2 votes. Either I have a secret admirer or people aren't voting/signing up for these forums.

I think new content is a must no matter what, so I voted for higher level and content.

That said - a prestige system of any sort with new content is a win win.

As I said in the other thread just now - this online suite needs way, way more depth to really stick. Ubisoft has a winner here, but it's a newborn and needs to be handled with care.

What about creating a "TruRank" (whatever its called) system where people are given a rank based on their skills?

People still unlock things, but also are trying to get to a certain level that shows how well they are.

But now that I think of it, it may be hard for Ubisoft to balance this kind of system. It may be just because I personally don't like the experience based ranking...

Gamertag: JLBoyyy
    Founder of the Xbox Reckoners before it was cool.
    Please be my friend.

I'd prefer new tiered levels to be honest.
    I don't see the point of resetting anything, be it skills or looks or levels.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by systemaddict13:
    I think new content is a must no matter what, so I voted for higher level and content.

That said - a prestige system of any sort with new content is a win win.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but for them to keep this fresh audience they have, especially with what the holidays will bring, i think the prestige with new aesthetics is probably their most viable option. They can always add new content that would take a bit more time after they've hooked a solid fan base. And the second comment here, i think you'd agree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    As I said in the other thread just now - this online suite needs way, way more depth to really stick. Ubisoft has a winner here, but it's a newborn and needs to be handled with care. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For cereal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
    What about creating a "TruRank" (whatever its called) system where people are given a rank based on their skills?

People still unlock things, but also are trying to get to a certain level that shows how well they are.

But now that I think of it, it may be hard for Ubisoft to balance this kind of system. It may be just because I personally don't like the experience based ranking... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean a varying degree of level as your average score per session/average kill score/other important stat, raises or lowers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSeraphor:
    I'd prefer new tiered levels to be honest.
    I don't see the point of resetting anything, be it skills or looks or levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything to, you know, add?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast