Thread: Uplay and cheats\trainers\mods? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

i am not exactly sure about what Uplay points give and how but i am a lil worried with how U-play and the DRM will affect the ability to mod\cheat\use trainers.

if the DRM or Uplay will attempt to constantly keep the player's stats in sync with the ubi servers in order to measure their achievements than it feels like editing or changing anything with UBISOFT games will not be possible.

im not certain about this but im just thinking - if the game is constantly connected online than the connection might always check im not cheating or adding anything to my game in order to unlock stuff i should be "working hard" for.

even though i only cheat to make things harder for myself i know many others want it easier (not that i think that AC2 needs or CAN get any easier but it's an example) or to get things faster in their second play through or what not. im afraid that the requirement for constant online connection will forbid players from getting stuff the easy way or just toying with the game\files in a way that gives them enjoyment.
    im sure we will all agree that if u bought a game and u r not competing against others than u should be able to do whatever u like with it.

is my fear justified? will the Uplay thingy or the DRM hurt the abiliy to cheat or add unofficial changes onto AC2?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    A Difficulty setting maker for Assassin's creed 2:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/3621035448

MY RIG: Q6600, 2GB ram, HD4870 512mb, win XP

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i am not exactly sure about what Uplay points give and how but i am a lil worried with how U-play and the DRM will affect the ability to mod\cheat\use trainers.

if the DRM or Uplay will attempt to constantly keep the player's stats in sync with the ubi servers in order to measure their achievements than it feels like editing or changing anything with UBISOFT games will not be possible.

im not certain about this but im just thinking - if the game is constantly connected online than the connection might always check im not cheating or adding anything to my game in order to unlock stuff i should be "working hard" for.

even though i only cheat to make things harder for myself i know many others want it easier (not that i think that AC2 needs or CAN get any easier but it's an example) or to get things faster in their second play through or what not. im afraid that the requirement for constant online connection will forbid players from getting stuff the easy way or just toying with the game\files in a way that gives them enjoyment.
    im sure we will all agree that if u bought a game and u r not competing against others than u should be able to do whatever u like with it.

is my fear justified? will the Uplay thingy or the DRM hurt the abiliy to cheat or add unofficial changes onto AC2?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    A Difficulty setting maker for Assassin's creed 2:
    http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...4/m/3621035448

MY RIG: Q6600, 2GB ram, HD4870 512mb, win XP

Well, apparently game saves for uPlay games are stored both locally and in the cloud. If you exit a game then close the uPlay application before it has a chance to sync, it will just not try and load up local files next time you run the game.
    I don't know what kind of trainers you had in mind, but hopefully this info will answer your question.