View Poll Results: Would you like to have an option to pause a given track, with the ability to scan forward/backward

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don't Care

1 8.33%

Thread: An Option to scan through the song | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Seems like it would be an easy implementation to be able to pause your track and scan through it to see the way the notes are organized. It can be tough to get flurries of notes real-time, obviously, and all you can do it pause the game at a given moment and study a sub-section of notes visible on the screen.

Furthermore, it'd be great if you could scan backwards, and see the notes you got correct vs. missed (eg. illumnated = success; dimmed = fail).
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thank you for posting this poll..I hope this gets fixed/added in an update. I just posted a review on amazon and this was a gripe of mine. Once you start progressing the notes start flying and its hard to tell whats coming up in time. If you have a chance to preview them before the song it would definitely help!

I'm wondering if you've found the Riff Repeater. It provides some assistance in that scenario, although the current implementations are definitely lacking. However, the accelerator will slow down a given section which may serve your purpose

Main Menu->Songs->Pick a song->Riff Repeater

Originally posted by AlexWannabe:
    I'm wondering if you've found the Riff Repeater. It provides some assistance in that scenario, although the current implementations are definitely lacking. However, the accelerator will slow down a given section which may serve your purpose

Main Menu->Songs->Pick a song->Riff Repeater
    Ya, I have been using the riff repeater quite heavily for sure. I find it very helpful for leveling up phrases efficiently; but ,even within a phrase there can be a flurry of notes that might not even be all that hard if only you had a chance to stop and think about the pattern for a bit.

I was playing a song and having fun until I looked at what was coming next. It was a lot of finger work with a cord thrown in, and I just stared at the TV. It would be great if you could pause, or slo-mo the game to look at the notes. I tried using the Riff Repeater, but it's really short, or am I doing something wrong??. How can I get the game to just repeat a section of the song until i choose to stop?