Thread: Film reference | Forums

FRD seems to like filling their games with references to movies and such like (a dozen examples in TSFP) so I'm guessing that Haze's Mantel organisation is a nod at Fortress' Men-Tel corporation.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi Eliter, good to see you here.

Fortress - I think I missed that one.

I wonder if the B-movie influences will continue or we're going to see more influence from films like 'Apocalypse Now!'...

Haze FAQ - please check first if you have a question about Haze.

Yeah Fortress is definitely b-movie stuff lol.

There'll probably be some references to more well known movies, most of the parodies in TS3 were to fairly big things.

i hope they keep that ole' good humor we all love

hey Eliter

I would expect some humour and film references to be in there, but as the storyline is more serious than 'splitters, it will probably be a little more subtle, like the 'Mantel' joke...

Anyone think of any South American jungle-type films that would be appropriate? Predator? Nam films? Maybe Salvador? Ouch...

Yeah TimeSplitters you could do just about anything. The format of shifting time period constantly with a loose story lends itself pretty well to quoting films and stuff.

Predator could work.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it. " would be a good one...

"GET TO DAAA CHOPPER!!" would be a less good one. lol

Apocalypse Now would work too I think.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning...... ..Smells like victory" maybe sticking in the name of some futuristic chemical in lieu of napalm.

I was thinking more of 'Somebody find me a way out of this hoooooole.'

I think they'll be more subtle than that. They'll likely be sight gags and similarites to little bits in movies I imagine - TS' plot didn't have to be very realistic so including lots of movie quotes and links probably wasn't that hard; Haze seems to have a more realistic plot and therefore the references will have to fit better and not stand out so much. In fact we may see more scenes influenced by movies - the sniper-girl from Full Metal Jacket, or the prisoner-coerced murder scene in Bullet In The Head for instance...

Haze looks like a movie, which really it isn't a movie, it's a video game. I hope Haze is a really great game.

Now, if like a lot of people in the office your favourite film ever is Starship Troopers, your second favourite film ever is RoboCop and your third favourite film ever is Total Recall, you're going to completely LOVE Haze.
    C&VG

Judging from this quote there's more than a little Verhoeven influence in Haze - no bad thing in my book. Now where's Sharon Stone?