Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farcry2 Custom maps download on windows seven | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

hello to everybody
    i red a lot of messeges about this topic, but i can´t find the solution!
    My problem is: i can´t download custom maps on my
    Windows 7 installed FC2 game. I have no problem with PB, 3.4 is installed and the game has : client version:2.159 /a1392 server version : 1.734/c2.159....it is updated!!!!!!
    Why i can´t download the maps????
    please can somebody help me?
    thanks alot
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

hello again
    i think nobody is going to help me .
    hoping somebody think what´s the problem , it would be very helpful for me...
    i only want to know the problem, not the solution...
    hoping some help
    thank you very much

Hey,

This issue is related to Windows 7 for sure. You need to WAIT a bit more for this to be resolved. That's all I can say for now.

I hope you can at least play FC2 easily and join servers online, but only having problem downloading custom maps ? Possibly compatibility issues etc. But make sure to run both the PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB executables as 'administrators', to avoid any kick from PB when you play online. But this download issue is related to Win 7.

Both Microsoft and PB need to sort this out and any other WIN 7 related issue.

Cheers.

this is a windows 7 issue.

i have updated my punkbuster and can only play official maps or if i download the custom map from a website, or a friend download it, and send it to me, but cant download any custom maps, or join servers and download custom maps that way.

if anyone has figured it out, please let me know. i would love to download custom maps, or play on servers that are hosting custom maps and download them, please help.

kingDaniel0, thanks....
    i have updated both pb programs, i have today installed in my windows 7 : bf2142;cod4 and 5; crysis wars, fear 2, gears or war, grid, nfs shift, operation flashpoint....NO problem with this games....mmmmmm
    i have a question for vipeness:
    i have an older pc with xp on it and farcry 2 original also installed, for a friend to play both online...this pc can download the custom maps of course, but HOW or WHERE i can copy this maps in my windows seven pc?
    i tryed user/my name/app data/local/my games/far cry 2/user maps and here i put them, but my game does not recognize these maps ((((((
    can somebody help me, maybe this way for now is better than nothing....
    thank you all for now

Last month I hosted a lan-party at work and especially for the Windows-7 players I prepared a mappack with custom maps. However to my surprise they could all download the maps from the gameserver (on the lan) and nobody needed the mappack.
    This however does not solve your problem with online play, but perhaps it can trigger somebody to resolve the problem.

With the question where the maps should go I think you are missing a subdir, try to put them in: ..\My Games\Far Cry 2\User Maps\downloads , so add the dir \downloads and copy them there. Please note that you should not be in the game already if you copy them otherwise you will only see the maps after restarting the game. Goodluck !

Oh..I almost forgot to use an emoticon..

if you rightclick the FC2 icon and goto properties there is usually a "Compatibility" tab click on it and select the checkbox under "Compatibility Mode" and then select either Windows XP or Vista, and it should work, that is if you can select vista or XP as the "OS settings to use"

Originally posted by BioError:
    if you rightclick the FC2 icon and goto properties there is usually a "Compatibility" tab click on it and select the checkbox under "Compatibility Mode" and then select either Windows XP or Vista, and it should work, that is if you can select vista or XP as the "OS settings to use"
    Sorry, dont work, i´ve try it.
    (Sorry for my very bad english )

US Forum Manager
    Spartacus Legends CM
    I'm sorry but Windows 7 isn't supported.

many thanks to Doderik1966 , i will try....but i think there is another directory...i will try...
    and for Black_Widow9:
    i hope when win 7 is out , the game will run propely, but i don´t think
    today i have installed:bf 2142 WORKING...cod 4 and 5 WORKING ( downloading CUSTOM maps ), crysis, fear 2, gears or war, grid, nfs shift, operation flashpoint....ALL runnig fine in windows seven....
    it is very poor, sadly or whatever, that such a nice game like farcry 2 isn´t running propely.
    but i will have patience...
    sorry for my english and thank´s to all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast