Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL Rainbow Six Patriots News/Updates Thread Updated:12-14-11 Tactics Interview | Forums

Originally posted by odi0n2009:
    OP please update onto your top page.
    Done!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys, I just saw the new edition of Game Informer at Gamestop, and the they did a huge article on Patriots. The new screen shots I saw made that already amazing target footage look like ****. The graphics have been majorly updated, it's gorgeous, and the characters and environment look a lot better. First of all, the "Patriots" that you see in the beginning are wearing leather jackets, like a 1950's biker gang, and look a lot more grittier, and the main guy has a full on beard. The wife is now blonde and you actually see the husbands's face. Next, I saw the level which was completely different from the target footage; it is now raining and dark outside. You still see the rainbow team sniping on the roof top though, but the the guy sniping is blonde, which makes me think it's Deter Weber because he is a blonde and a sharpshooter in the book. Basically the set up is not different from the target footage

Originally posted by cpt_freedom:
    You still see the rainbow team sniping on the roof top though, but the the guy sniping is blonde, which makes me think it's Deter Weber because he is a blonde and a sharpshooter in the book. Basically the set up is not different from the target footage
    I heard in the pod cast that there having all new characters so i doubt that its Weber.

From what i read so far about the Morality system, I feel that is more of a rating system (which i have no problem with). It sounds like the more civilian casualties you have the less the public will like you and will side with the terrorist. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Justin-x:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kekoa14:
    BUT NO CO-OP :'(
    Noooooooooooooooo! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would probably be GRFS's area of expertise, tactical co-op.

EDIT: By the way, I don't know if this has been stated already but it is confirmed that R6P would be making an appearance at the Spike Video Game awards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's new to me, but it is great, I hope by an appearance they mean a trailer, in game footage of the new build, cause we all know that the target demo was one year old

Is there anything else from Ubi in VGA ?!, a new announcement ?!, showing Far Cry 3 ?!, or maybe my most anticipated game SC6 ?!

Edit: regarding the podcast, "Realistic focus on weapons, melee mechanics to support tactics and stealth" I really like that

Share your ideas with me on SC6 "if you love Conviction" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
    Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Sorry for the double post, I found some new news and some pics

Here on CVG, most of the article is same old but a couple of new things :

- Enhanced squad management: At the press of a button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.

- Evolved combat: The game's combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted 'Aussie Style Rappel', Infiltrate & Subdue, to name a few.

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Sameer: Very nice find!

I found this article at IGN though they're description makes it sound like COD:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213437p1.html
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Originally posted by Kekoa14:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cpt_freedom:
    You still see the rainbow team sniping on the roof top though, but the the guy sniping is blonde, which makes me think it's Deter Weber because he is a blonde and a sharpshooter in the book. Basically the set up is not different from the target footage
    I heard in the pod cast that there having all new characters so i doubt that its Weber.

From what i read so far about the Morality system, I feel that is more of a rating system (which i have no problem with). It sounds like the more civilian casualties you have the less the public will like you and will side with the terrorist. What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Really new characters? But yeah the way you described the morality system sounds really cool even though it's not really a new concept; true crime practically did the same thing.

Originally posted by Soulid_Snake:
    Sameer: Very nice find!

I found this article at IGN though they're description makes it sound like COD:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1213437p1.html
    I just read it, why do you think so ?!, it still feels the same to me, Squad Control, non linear level design, a whole different MP gameplay

Check Kotaku article, I don't know if you are an old fan of R6, but I am new, and R6P would probably be my first R6, and to me it looks really interesting and amazing, here is a hope we see more at VGA, at least we may see the target demo as how it looks now (like Kotaku did)

Spin Offs Ideas
    Small Channel on Youtube

Interesting tidbit here from eurogamer.net article. I quote,

"Sears is also keen to make it more realistic and more of a present concern for players, noting that in previous games, it was easy to send your team in to soak up enemy bullets without worrying about casualties before going in to mop up. "You have to use your team constantly," he says of Patriots. "One man goes down, that's a third of your fire-power. I wanted to spend a lot of time on developing AI that behaved intelligently and required you to act as a leader. It was often too easy before. This time we wanted to make it more of a requirement that you be an active leader rather than a passive leader."

"The answer to that is the contextual one-button tactical command system. Simply point and press, and your team-mates will understand what you want them to do. (More specific commands will be available to players with more interest in tactical depth and perfect results.) Initially overpowered, the designers have dialled this feature back to the point where they feel it works intuitively."

Eurogamer Full Article:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...w-6-patriots-preview

Kotaku Interview with Dev. Therien:n(Different from Kotaku article posted directly above me^^^)
    http://kotaku.com/5863195/rain...g-the-medium-forward

Originally posted by odi0n2009:
    Interesting tidbit here from eurogamer.net article. I quote,

"Sears is also keen to make it more realistic and more of a present concern for players, noting that in previous games, it was easy to send your team in to soak up enemy bullets without worrying about casualties before going in to mop up. "You have to use your team constantly," he says of Patriots. "One man goes down, that's a third of your fire-power. I wanted to spend a lot of time on developing AI that behaved intelligently and required you to act as a leader. It was often too easy before. This time we wanted to make it more of a requirement that you be an active leader rather than a passive leader."

"The answer to that is the contextual one-button tactical command system. Simply point and press, and your team-mates will understand what you want them to do. (More specific commands will be available to players with more interest in tactical depth and perfect results.) Initially overpowered, the designers have dialled this feature back to the point where they feel it works intuitively."

Eurogamer Full Article:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...w-6-patriots-preview

Kotaku Interview with Dev. Therien:n(Different from Kotaku article posted directly above me^^^)
    http://kotaku.com/5863195/rain...g-the-medium-forward
    Nice find odi0n2009, I especially like the kotaku interview. It really sounds like their trying to be different which is great! Though the situations don't really sound realistic, I'll probably enjoy them anyways. It sounds like Ubi is giving the player a lot of power and yet putting their ability to the test. Im really excited how this game will turn out.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast