Thread: Headphones | Forums

I have had to play SH4 with headphones because the wife is going to bed, or watching the TV, ...wow, what a difference it makes for detecting DD's buzzing around trying to drop can's on you...

If you havnt tried this, ...DO SO, it makes a difference even when using the sonar suite.

ENTER and VOTE in the SCREEN SHOT COMPETITION

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I just started doing this also. It does make for good sound. With wife, kids, TV,..I hooked mine up. You hear a lot more sounds you normally don't hear.

Yeah, I agree 100%. I've been using HPs for quite some time now and, I really believe they're the best option for this game. They really immerse you into the scene. Surround Sound speaker systems aren't bad but, they're too excessive and open spaced. HPs give you that confined, submarine, sound. Every little pop, click or scratching noise takes on new significance. Now, getting the right HPs, with a deep bass capability is the key here. I've tried so many but, have settled with Realistic's Titanium headphones. They seem to out-perform all the others in the Bass-ment. They're worth every bit of the $29.99 I paid (At your local Radio Shack - if you can believe that).

OOPS! I screwed up on the make and model of my own headphones. When I got home from the orifice, I double-checked. They're "Koss Pro35A Titanium" headphones that I purchased at Radio Shack. Realistic? Blahhhhh. I should've known I never buy Realistic products. I gotta learn to get my shinto together better or, before ya know it, I'll be talkin' out me arse.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
    -Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV84)

I've been using hp for some time. The difference is incredible. It also has the added advantage that I can hear the pinging wihtout disturbing my wife watching TV. I'm using a cheap pair right now so that I can still hear when my wife or son wants something.
    The're in their bars, drinking, celebrating our sinking! Not yet my friends, not yet!

When you use the Headphones do you remember to change your setting in your sound card program from speakers to headphones. (some sound cards do this automatically) or change it in your control panel- sound/audio options.

"When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the *** with a banjo" by Chief Officer Steward Dogan - USS Gurnard.
    -------------
    SHIV Guide - TMOwTw 2.5 - Shipping Route Maps US & Jap - TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5 - SH4 Manual

some sound cards do this automatically
    I always get screwed up because the sound card on my one PC does this but, my other PC's sound card doesn't. I get confused between the two.
    He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I have an olde Bose Headset, but it's amazing.

When you have a wife, kids, 12 showdogs, and all the maddness going on in the house..headphones make all the difference.

Stopped all that fussing from my wife."can you cut that down so I can hear the tv." and I replay the same to her...in the end we both keep slowly cutting each up. The headphones solved that, plus I don't have to her all the other yapping.

When you have a wife, kids, 12 showdogs, and all the maddness going on in the house..headphones make all the difference.
    BTW Wolfe, any good news from Westminster? Sorry, I missed it. Another dreaded Special Detail.

My computer does it auto, ....but I do have to turn the master vol down alot

ENTER and VOTE in the SCREEN SHOT COMPETITION