Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD people and Rocksmith... | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

wow, good to see folks in my age group. I wish I had started earlier too but I guess it's never too late. I won't impress the girls with guitar skills anymore but still have fun playing...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Granted, I'm not reading every post in every thread, but there seems to be more civility in these forums compared to some of the other 'uber-leet gamer' forums I've visited over the years. People, when posing questions, aren't immediately flamed for being a noob, or a moron, or worse. With older players, I don't think that's a coincidence, or I'd hope it's related, in some small way.

Originally posted by ezzywave:

dm_gsxr - What size/year GSXR do you ride? I have a '08 750(street) and a '04 750(track).

When I first started using the 'nick, I had a 95 750. Now I'm riding a Hayabusa. 105,000 miles on it. Been to every accessible state and Canadian province.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

And just to note. I started learning a year ago. Rocksmith is really helping with getting quicker, especially chord transitions.

Carl

Steam Community Profile ID: dungeon-master
    My Rocksmith 2014 Wiki - 1/29 - Have the Settings Editor form up. Todo: Create the Settings save script.

Originally posted by tufnel:
    Granted, I'm not reading every post in every thread, but there seems to be more civility in these forums compared to some of the other 'uber-leet gamer' forums I've visited over the years. People, when posing questions, aren't immediately flamed for being a noob, or a moron, or worse. With older players, I don't think that's a coincidence, or I'd hope it's related, in some small way.
    I wouldn't necessary state that the age group is the reason this isn't happening (I'm 21). Instead, I think its because these forums are less of a gamer community and more geared towards musicians/aspiring musicians (or guitarists) which incites a much more mature audience and atmosphere.

Since purchasing Rocksmith, its been the one and only 'game' I've really only been looking forward to on my PS3.

Originally posted by ezzywave:
    Who is the oldest person here trying to learn the guitar with Rocksmith? Absolute beginner.

Let's show these kids how its done!
    Well, I'm still not giving my age...but I will asmit to ya'all that I am not the oldest one here. Ya'all already know I'm not the youngest, either. *smile*
    Happy day, ya'all!
    --Val

PSN ID: valzgr8

No matter how small or insignificant it may seem to be, life always matters! ALWAYS!--me

If I had dreamt about this when I was a kid, I would have s

47 started playing Dec 3

Maybe someday I will find a like minded
    Rocksmith lady (roughly) my age to play
    the game with :-D .. had to say it.

Rocksmith girls/ladies are very cool.
    What I do when NOT playing guitar http://royalflushmanga.wordpress.com/

[/QUOTE]

When I first started using the 'nick, I had a 95 750. Now I'm riding a Hayabusa. 105,000 miles on it. Been to every accessible state and Canadian province.

Carl[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of miles! If you ever visit the Mt. St. Helena area, look me up. We got some of the best twisties ever.

Originally posted by fatherrock:
    47 started playing Dec 3

Maybe someday I will find a like minded
    Rocksmith lady (roughly) my age to play
    the game with :-D .. had to say it.

Rocksmith girls/ladies are very cool.

Especially Rocksmith ladies who ride...
    My wife- She's a keeper! http://i838.photobucket.com/al...20stuff/IMG_7045.jpg

This is awesome, glad to see how many "older" folks there are learning guitar because of this game. At 40 years old I have a hard time labeling myself as "older" but I guess it's time to face the music... I'm not a kid anymore either. I've probably bought and sold 8-10 guitars in the last 20 years because I keep telling myself I'm going to learn but I have never had the patience to put n much time. All I've ever learned is a few chords here and there and thats it. Now I find myself playing 6 hours a day at times! The way this game works visually apparently suits me better tan any other learning method I've come across. No, you don't learn to read music, but that doesn't matter to me because all I want to do is play. RS is awesome!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast