Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No save spots makes for a poor experience. | Forums

Considering that this is the type of game where you can die pretty quickly, this game is largely hindered by not being able to Save/QuickSave.

Poor job on this one, UBI, this checkpoint **** is highly annoying; I don't appreciate playing the same scenes 50 times
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Considering that this is the type of game where you can die pretty quickly, this game is largely hindered by not being able to Save/QuickSave.

Poor job on this one, UBI, this checkpoint **** is highly annoying; I don't appreciate playing the same scenes 50 times

Did you try another/lower difficulty setting?
    There were a couple checkpoints I had to redo 5 or 6 times. After 3 or 4 you get an opt to Heal and reload. So you then start with full squad and health. That always made the diff for me.

I kind of like the no in game saves. As well no health packs to pick up. They should go to get shot once your dead, unless hit in an extremity. Then that should hinder your ability to fight.
    Also the no game saves adds a new difficulty to the game. I would encourage Ubisoft to raise the bar on stuff like this. Rather than spoon feeding the end of the game to it's customers. If you work hard on earning something it means more to you when you accomplish it. Trust me I know its true. HO-RAH

Hmmm, did you play R2H30, it had the same issue?

We've all adapted to the lack of saving, and most have gotten used to it, i.e. for those who played R2H30 first.

What I find interesting is the number of people who are playing EIB first, and haven't played R2H30

This game encurage the player to think before he moves, having a quicksave makes you less carefull, i think the chekpoints are great.

Only thing i think cut be done better is the signs comming up, big black uggly spot in the middel of the screen, with typing for blind people. This cut be done far better.

PS You are in for "hell" playing on autentic, no chekpoints, no corsshair - Only for the brave troopers

I agree with the topic starter here. When I was a kid I could watch the same cartoon like a hundred times and not getting tired of it. But as a grown up, I find this very, very annoying. Like when I babysit my brother's kids, they have to see the same cartoon, hear the same bed time story everytime. They don't f......g ever get tired of it...

Shouldn't have to be like that in a game though which clearly is intended for alduts too. Ok, ok, I suck at this. A bad player, call me what you want... But still, I think it should have been an option for us no-good-players to save the game. Right now the lack of this feature is ruining the experience for me. I get tired of doing the same thing over and over again, sometimes dying just before a checkpoint - having to play it all over again.

I won't, like some others have done, say it's bad/poor job done by UBI. It's a game design descision, and I respect that. They, or actually Gearbox, have made a really good game. But for me... aaargh... not sure what I will do. I can't get a refund here in Norway when the package has been opened. So I'm stuck with it for now.

If anybody know of a cheat/hack to get in game saving, please let me know.

Dr_Peedee

It makes no diference to me if there are game saves or not. If i get blown away trying something out and it doesnt work i try something else to get around the problem. Its like trouble shooting a piece of equipment, if one way doesnt work try something else

"If winning isnt everything why do they keep score"
    Vince Lombardi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LW_lcarp:
    It makes no diference to me if there are game saves or not. If i get blown away trying something out and it doesnt work i try something else to get around the problem. Its like trouble shooting a piece of equipment, if one way doesnt work try something else </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spoken like a true Tech Head.

its not the checkpoints themselves, i love them and think they are a great idea....

in my opinion, its the POSITIONING of them that can be a pain.

i think there should be one after every major firefight, and, unfortunatley, there isnt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast