Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Splinter Cell 6 : Story potential | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

First, let me say that Ubisoft painted themselves into a corner as far as the story goes if they plan on building upon Conviction. Sam has checked out, Lambert is dead, 3E will no longer be the same...

That said, I think there are ways that they could proceed. Here are some ideas:

1) Go back to the old formula without paying too much attention to Conviction. It happened, but we can leave it in the past. Conviction essentially did that with DA anyway... They never mention the JBA, Williams, or anything to to with Sam's missions. Lambert and Sarah are the only tie with the storyline - and their stories actually conflict with DA. So, let's move on. It's amazing how easily and opening cinematic can skim over past events so they seem to make sense. Imagine a montage of the President awarding Sam a medal and making him the head of 4th Echelon. Sam turns down the promotion since he wants to stay in the field but convinces the President to make Koste the director since he was instrumental in defeating Meggido after he broke out of Black Arrow single-handedly. Bam! Back to normal. Maybe they even erect a statue in Lambert's honour :P

2) Have Splinter Cell 6 take place sometime between SC1 and DA. There's lots of room there... Surely lots of other things happened during Sam's career.

3) Do a prequel were Sam is a lone operative (sniper/recon) in the Navy Seals.
    Ubisoft, please prove me wrong.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

BTW - after playing DA again, I do think it would be believable for Lambert to live. He was still talking after he got shot.

Originally posted by codenameeric:
    First, let me say that Ubisoft painted themselves into a corner as far as the story goes if they plan on building upon Conviction. Sam has checked out, Lambert is dead, 3E will no longer be the same...

That said, I think there are ways that they could proceed. Here are some ideas:

1) Go back to the old formula without paying too much attention to Conviction. It happened, but we can leave it in the past. Conviction essentially did that with DA anyway... They never mention the JBA, Williams, or anything to to with Sam's missions. Lambert and Sarah are the only tie with the storyline - and their stories actually conflict with DA. So, let's move on. It's amazing how easily and opening cinematic can skim over past events so they seem to make sense. Imagine a montage of the President awarding Sam a medal and making him the head of 4th Echelon. Sam turns down the promotion since he wants to stay in the field but convinces the President to make Koste the director since he was instrumental in defeating Meggido after he broke out of Black Arrow single-handedly. Bam! Back to normal. Maybe they even erect a statue in Lambert's honour :P

2) Have Splinter Cell 6 take place sometime between SC1 and DA. There's lots of room there... Surely lots of other things happened during Sam's career.

3) Do a prequel were Sam is a lone operative (sniper/recon) in the Navy Seals.
    You can't really pretend that Conviction never happened. It doesn't work that way. JBA is eliminated so it won't be in SCC. Since pretty much everyone is dead and potentially Enrica is alive and may be in SC6. And Vic Coste is in charge of his company so he can't take over TE. Story won't make sense if you "skip" Conviction. And CT 2 wouldn't make any sense.

Would you guys want a story that makes sense or do you guys just want a gameplay to satisfy you or a story that doesn't make sense?

Flashbacks are good and may be possible. Why between SC1 and DA? Everything is already there in PT and CT. It would be good to have the hobo Sam back. Maybe this is what happened the three years when he went into hiding. When he went into hiding is a good flashback.

See, Lambert would still be alive. Sam just doesn't know that b/c he escaped already. It's really strange that someone shot in the head can still talk. I don't know the reason why, if someone has a logical explanation, please tell me.
    Uplay sucks, UBISOFT SUCKS. Stupid Uplay doesn't detect games, forced DRM. I can't stand UBISOFT ANYMORE. No longer a loyal fan. I stick with the old games, and not the new games. Watch Dogs is the last game I bought.
    Overall: PURE GHOST PLAYER Woo...

Conviction's story does not make sense, so any story that flows directly from it will not make sense.
    Ubisoft, please prove me wrong.

Conviction's story does not make sense, so any story that flows directly from it will not make sense.
    I know Conviction story doesn't make sense but you can't skip this. You have to continue with it. Conviction happened, and you need to continue along with it. If you skip it, it will be more confusing. And not everything about Conviction doesn't make sense. Some things need to continue on.
    Uplay sucks, UBISOFT SUCKS. Stupid Uplay doesn't detect games, forced DRM. I can't stand UBISOFT ANYMORE. No longer a loyal fan. I stick with the old games, and not the new games. Watch Dogs is the last game I bought.

Originally posted by sam2000_290:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by codenameeric:
    I know Conviction story doesn't make sense but you can't skip this. You have to continue with it. Conviction happened, and you need to continue along with it. If you skip it, it will be more confusing. And not everything about Conviction doesn't make sense. Some things need to continue on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If they want continue with SCC's Story properly then they would be forced to tell the other half of Conviction's Story that actually should be there in the first place. There is a huge risk that they could mess up the story again though because a lot didn't make any sense in SCC. This is why ignoring the most of what happened in SCC would be a solution. It's not something that I like because the at least first three titles were linked with a lot of depth.

You cannot say that this is the case with SCDA neither with SCC. Now SCDA gave still a lot of possibilities to continue the story, but they choosed the one this one and now they have to deal with that which is pretty difficult. Where is William, Redding, Coen, Enrica and (Lambert)? Since they have now a the base of the game and don't have to do SC6 from scratch they will need focus a lot making the Story that deserves to be in a Tom Clancy Game and Gameplay that deserves to be in a Splinter Cell Game.

Story idea:
    Heared it from another member in the German Forum. Sam said he wants to have some time with Sarah. Sarah didn't really know what her dad is doing before the events of SCDA and she definitely would ask him after the events of SCC. So Sam decides to tell her what he has done as a Splinter Cell and there you can tell a Splinter Cell Story that's between the SC titles, two or three flashback missions. After he ends his story Sarah is proud of her father and wants him to continue his job as a Splinter Cell because it's where he is the best and he can help protecting the world. After this the actual Conviction 2 Story can begin searching for information about the organisation Megiddo.

BTW - after playing DA again, I do think it would be believable for Lambert to live. He was still talking after he got shot.
    It wouldn't be hard to bring Lambert back. The point you make proves it. But there's more! Even if you aim and shoot Lambert in the face it looks like you shoot him in the upper arm, thus knocking him out of his chair. But here's the big point. If you go back to the maps RIGHT BEFORE you disarm the red mercury device, go to the interrogation room. Lambert's "heat source" is still there, thus showing you that he's alive. Don't believe it? Kill all the people on the level EVEN LAMBERT then before you disarm the bomb, look. Lambert is still on the map.

Lastly, am I the only person that shoot Jamie the 1st time through?

If they want continue with SCC's Story properly then they would be forced to tell the other half of Conviction's Story that actually should be there in the first place. There is a huge risk that they could mess up the story again though because a lot didn't make any sense in SCC. This is why ignoring the most of what happened in SCC would be a solution. It's not something that I like because the at least first three titles were linked with a lot of depth.
    This would be like the SC novels. Conviction and Endgame. Endgame is on the TE side of the story. Though, I didn't read it, I just read the intro.

It wouldn't be hard to bring Lambert back. The point you make proves it. But there's more! Even if you aim and shoot Lambert in the face it looks like you shoot him in the upper arm, thus knocking him out of his chair. But here's the big point. If you go back to the maps RIGHT BEFORE you disarm the red mercury device, go to the interrogation room. Lambert's "heat source" is still there, thus showing you that he's alive. Don't believe it? Kill all the people on the level EVEN LAMBERT then before you disarm the bomb, look. Lambert is still on the map.

Lastly, am I the only person that shoot Jamie the 1st time through?
    Well, it wasn't really part of the story. Lambert just so happens to appear on the map. It's just how the game was.

No, I shot Jamie too the first time.

Originally posted by sam2000_290:
    They can't pull Lambert like they did with Sarah b/c Sam PHYSICALLY killed him.
    Actually, Sam shot him. He was still very much alive to speak a line or two about finishing task, stopping JBA and the usual chitchat.

Originally posted by H.A.R.M.s:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:
    They can't pull Lambert like they did with Sarah b/c Sam PHYSICALLY killed him.
    Actually, Sam shot him. He was still very much alive to speak a line or two about finishing task, stopping JBA and the usual chitchat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it so hard to understand what I mean by physically killed him? Of course killing in this case is shooting. And he did talk yes. I guess we all established that he may be alive in SC6 unless the devs want to completely remove him. **Spoiler Removed**

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast