Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't Connect with Facebook | Forums

I keep getting this error when I try to connect the game to my Facebook account.
    "An error occurred with The Settlers 7. Please try again later."
    How can I fix this?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Are you still having this problem?
    Are you behind a proxy?

I can't either get the same message from facebook.
    "An error occurred with The Settlers 7. Please try again later." I'm not behind a proxy either as far as I know.

Same here. Im not behind a proxy, just a standard OTC router setup.

I'm having the same problem. I'm not behind a proxy just a home router. I'm also having problems with the game crashing when I'm playing a skirmish. The ...\Setters7\Logfiles seem to indicate the game is trying to communicate with Facebook and getting an error response. I don't understand why the program is trying to communicate with Facebook when I'm in the middle of a game (??) especially since I'm not set up to integrate with Facebook in the first place because I am having the setup error discusseed here!!! Been waiting 3 days for a response from a human at Ubi Support, maybe BB_foxbox has a better idea of what's going on??

Just had a look in my logfile I've got this. Any ideas anyone??

Facebook: Request:
    api_key=15376f3105454fdabaff1407158bcada&call_id=2 7455%2E875000&method=facebook%2EUsers%2EisAppUser& session_key=&sig=87b97c9fc1ece5629edbd27b7edef383& v=1%2E0

Facebook: Response:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <error_response xmlns="http://api.facebook.com/1.0/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://api.facebook.com/1.0/ http://api.facebook.com/1.0/facebook.xsd">
    <error_code>102</error_code>
    <error_msg>parameters uid or session key required</error_msg>
    <request_args list="true">
    <arg>
    <key>api_key</key>
    <value>15376f3105454fdabaff1407158bcada</value>
    </arg>
    <arg>
    <key>call_id</key>
    <value>27455.875000</value>
    </arg>
    <arg>
    <key>method</key>
    <value>facebook.Users.isAppUser</value>
    </arg>
    <arg>
    <key>session_key</key>
    <value/>
    </arg>
    <arg>
    <key>sig</key>
    <value>87b97c9fc1ece5629edbd27b7edef383</value>
    </arg>
    <arg>
    <key>v</key>
    <value>1.0</value>
    </arg>
    </request_args>
    </error_response>

We've tracked down the problem and will fix it with the next patch. (It's a concurrecy issue so every now and then it might still work)
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

@hacorn
    You can ignore the facebook errors, they are harmless and surely not the cause of any crash (they are just part of the check to see if you are connected to facebook or not)

Thanks BB_foxbox for following up on this issue

Seems a little sloppy that the program is trying to communicate with Facebook if the user hasn't even set their game up to work with Facebook but if you say getting a Facebook error response doesn't affect the game then I guess I'll have to hope that Ubi Support can find another reason (besides "check your drivers") for why my game keeps crashing since Patch 1.07 was installed.

I am also having the issue where facebook tells me an error has occurred. Was it supposed to have been fixed in the latest patch or the next one to date?

Just bought this game a couple of weeks ago so I am a little behind in the times.

Patch 1.07 was released around July 6th. For some reason it is not on the Ubi.com website under their "Patches" section - which is still showing 1.06 as the most recent patch. The Facebook error was reported after Patch 1.07 so I assume it will not be fixed until Patch 1.08 (or whatever comes next - maybe 2.0?)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast