Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Altair in Disguise? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Banned
    Does anyone know if Altair has the ability to steal other peoples clothes like in the Hitman series? Kind of stupid if someone were to see him in real life back then, describe what he wore... and bam...they know. But then again, he's wearing something religious ??? I'm not sure what his disguise is. I'm aware some of those church people wear the exact same thing he does, and if so why? Is it part of a religious sect? Is he already in disguise? ARGH ! There must be reality!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I kind of hope there's disguises, though I'd rather not be in the form of stealing clothes. It would be nice to be able to dress in the appropiate manner to blend in when needed.

Prehaps something similar to the Splinter Cell series, where you can pick your "load out." You can dress differently for however you want to take out your target. For instance, if you plan on taking your victim out with a crossbow bolt tothe chest while hiding in a window, you probably won't need a disguise. But if you plan on following your target through a crowd, stabbing him in the neck, and then running as fast as you can for an exit out of the city, then you might want to dress similar to the crowd.

SF

I hope Altair cannot change into different clothes, his stylish white cloak is to die for!

Plus it kinda defeats the object of getting caught and then running for your life. I hope he sticks with the one peice of clothing.

"Theres many many times where chance, more than skill will determine Fate" - Phil Gordon
    PSN ID: Yo'momma!

Hi, I'm drunkrepublican...The sober independent.

Banned
    Well, in response to the person who does not want it in different clothes. True the white cloak is cool and all, but if you see a notorious guy who's killing people in a white cloak all the time, wouldn't you know its some of those white dressed people? Unless, there's some religious aspect to it...or else the guards can just interrogate every guy wearing a cloak + the old man.

Originally posted by AltairVirtuoso:
    Does anyone know if Altair has the ability to steal other peoples clothes like in the Hitman series? Kind of stupid if someone were to see him in real life back then, describe what he wore... and bam...they know. But then again, he's wearing something religious ??? I'm not sure what his disguise is. I'm aware some of those church people wear the exact same thing he does, and if so why? Is it part of a religious sect? Is he already in disguise? ARGH ! There must be reality!
    well if he were to be in disguise then you could easily escape...and one of the things being put at the top of the priority list for the devs is the escape part...and you are urged to assassinate the targets in plain sight in front of a hundred people so u can escape from guards with a huge climatic chase...but u can also "disappear"...and i mean back then its not like they had a huge variety of colors to choose from when shopping for clothes or making them themselves...so white was pretty standard and popular...and anyway if he changed uniforms he would still have all his weapons being shown...cuz unlike hitman, he doesnt have a suit jacket pocket that holds unlimited amounts of items...so if he was in disguise he would still have a crossbow on his back

No, UBI thought about it but scrapped it...

PC needs a CE, the only way to stave off piracy is giving more!

Banned
    AMAZING POINT VIZZLE! And thanks simulacra for letting us know UBI actually thinks of all the aspects people such as myself argue for. It's good to know they at least thought about it but scrapped it. They might not have put a lot of effort into the thinking because I'm sure something could have worked out; however, it's a good point vizzle made and it's the thought that they thought about it that counts!

Originally posted by etothevizzle:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AltairVirtuoso:
    well if he were to be in disguise then you could easily escape...and one of the things being put at the top of the priority list for the devs is the escape part...and you are urged to assassinate the targets in plain sight in front of a hundred people so u can escape from guards with a huge climatic chase...but u can also "disappear"...and i mean back then its not like they had a huge variety of colors to choose from when shopping for clothes or making them themselves...so white was pretty standard and popular...and anyway if he changed uniforms he would still have all his weapons being shown...cuz unlike hitman, he doesnt have a suit jacket pocket that holds unlimited amounts of items...so if he was in disguise he would still have a crossbow on his back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right about the weapons, but then again, they show anyways. I mean, I still don't understand why guards wouldn't stare at him automatically just because he's carrying a sword and crossbow. I'd be suspicious of a guy running around with a sword and crossbow.

SF

Banned
    Actually, I didn't make my thanks to eman specific enough...I thanked him for his view on the clothing selections..That part I agree with, not the weapons in the pockets or in miday. Back around 1167 when the Shirkuh armies were exiting Egypt, almost everyone had swords but very few such as the hunters or meat gatherers had crossbows, considering the meat enterprise or specific contrabands were never established as a main vacuum for sustenance. I know that as a fact. (Theres part of my 5 on my AP euro exam lol) I was just wondering why he wouldn't have a disguise, but eman/vizzale w.e. cleared it up by pointing out it really wouldn't have mattered either way, in fact, it would just be extraneous to the gameplay experience.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast