Thread: Multiplayer Server BS | Forums

What is with these servers that advertise "Full Realism", and yet they have many *%^$#@ bogus attributes? For instance, if I choose to fly a Bf-108 E-4, the prop pitch winds up to a full 8:30 pitch shortly after take-off and stays there, so that acceleration and climb are nearly impossible. What kind of BS is this, and why do all multiplayer sercers do the same *&^%$ thing? I hate this &*^%$# scheisse! Take your server environment and stick it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

It's a minor issue, very simple to solve, no need to swear:

I. Switch the propeller pitch to manual
    II. Decrease the pitch to full fine - 12.00 - for take off
    III. Take off
    IV. Move the pitch lever up to increase pitch a little, then place it in neutral position
    V. Switch again to Auto prop pitch

From now on your auto prop pitch will work correctly, keeping the RPM in the 2200-2300 range.

Cheers,
    Ins

Originally posted by Pikas531961:
    What is with these servers that advertise "Full Realism", and yet they have many *%^$#@ bogus attributes? For instance, if I choose to fly a Bf-108 E-4, the prop pitch winds up to a full 8:30 pitch shortly after take-off and stays there, so that acceleration and climb are nearly impossible. What kind of BS is this, and why do all multiplayer sercers do the same *&^%$ thing? I hate this &*^%$# scheisse! Take your server environment and stick it!
    Try decaf bro.....

Then after you calm down a bit, maybe try to learn your plane and the bugs it has in game.
    E4 has auto prop pitch. It will start in auto pitch when you spawn. The auto pitch is bugged right now, so as Insuber mentioned above, it gets stuck in full course at start.
    Really well known bug. Has nothing to do with server settings.....
    As a German aircraft fan you should know this by now.

Originally posted by Pikas531961:
    Bf-108 E-4
    Say what?

What I wonder is why there are so few servers available. I have "doesnt matter" checked for everything and basically find, at most, 3 servers with acceptable pings. And even then maybe only one with enough players to make it interesting.

Yathing the $15 deal would have brought in more players then that. Or am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by USAF77:
    What I wonder is why there are so few servers available. I have "doesnt matter" checked for everything and basically find, at most, 3 servers with acceptable pings. And even then maybe only one with enough players to make it interesting.

Yathing the $15 deal would have brought in more players then that. Or am I doing something wrong?
    I don't think you will see large numbers on the servers until the sim is optimized. Right now the sim requires a strong system to run effectively. Later we will see a much higher number of servers with variying settings. Most of the people on the servers have been around along time and understand combat flight sims require highend systems atleast initially, and enjoy full realism, with CEM.
    Intel I7 950 @ 3.8gigs
    6 Gigs Corsair 1600 memory
    Nvidia 580 Direct 11
    LG 37" LCD 1920x1080
    Corsair 60gig SSD
    MSFF2 , Cougar Throttle, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals
    Windows 7 64
    500gig HHD
    80 gig SSD with only COD, Hota Peripherials, and co

Chivas has it pretty much covered.

Once the "patch" and the new expansion into the Eastern Front arrive, things will improve greatly.

I for one welcome my transfer to the VVS.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
    Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov