Thread: Loadouts In Far Cry 3 | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Walkthrough Trailer [US]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

I think that the weapon loadouts in Far Cry 2 were very limiting. For example, I wanted to carry a sniper rifle, an assault rifle, and an M79. However, I could not do this because, despite the fact that an assault rifle weighs the same (if not less) as a special weapon, it was not a special weapon. So I think that there should be a loadout system where you could replace a special weapon with a primary, a primary or special weapon with two secondaries, and so on. Post if you agree with this idea or if you think that there could be another way to change the loadout.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Maybe they could treat the players like mercenaries:
    - You get a certain amount of money to spend
    - You select whatever you want

If the prices are well-adjusted, then it would prevent overpowered loadouts while giving a greater amount of customization than most other games.

Yeah everyone wish they can carry an assault rifle AND a sniper rifle but thanks to the strange design, we couldnt do that in FC2. I understand the devs wanted to do something new but sometimes new doesnt equal to good or fun. As Tim Willits, the creative director of Rage said recently in an interview, you (the devs) have to ask yourself if this idea is FUN or not. If it's not fun, then it's not a good idea. Many idea sound good on paper but in practice they're really bad.

IMO, carrying 2 weapons: 1 primary and 1 secondary is OK for me. That would be more realistic than 3 weapons in FC2. But I really want the ability to customize my weapons.

I saw nothing wrong with loadouts in FC2.

I carried the Dragonov, PKM, Uzi

or MP, Dart, Makarov

ONE of my weapons had a scope on at all times. I bought the cases to store others to exchange at safe-houses depending on the gig. Flare guns were good to in dry grassy areas.
    All in a days work.