Thread: Assassin's Creed 1 logo screen Crashes on windows 7 :(? | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Revolution Gameplay Trailer [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity Official E3 2014 Co-op Commented Demo [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity: Introduction to Arno [US]

Assassin's Creed Unity E3 2014 World Premiere Cinematic Trailer [US]

here is my machine:

- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941)
    - BIOS: Default System BIOS
    - Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    - Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
    - Video Memory: 1759 MB (512 Dedicated to 1759)
    - Shader model: 4
    - Memory: 4096MB RAM
    - Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM
    - DirectX Version: DirectX 11

back when i used to have windows vista (with directX 10), assassin's creed used to run normally and i even finished it all, and i enjoyed it much ...now when i upgraded to windows 7 and my drivers it crushes just after the loading screen finish and during the logo screen movie.....

i tried to do a trick, is to remove all the movies from the folder "Videos" inside the game's folder, then the loading screen completes normally and then when it comes to the part "press any key" it crashes again....I only have the Dx9 and Dx10 patches while i realized that my windows 7 has Dx11...could it be that problem?! that i have a different Dx rather than the installed patches?!

the strangest thing that my detector in the game says that i have directX 10, while my system originally has directX 11 according to DxDiag.exe

NOTE: all other games works normally except this
    i am afraid to buy assassin's creed 2 and have the same problem
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Use the game launcher and run as administrator, that might help...

Also this should be in the tech section of the forum!!

Can guess what Ubi response will be. Windows 7 is not officially supported by AC1 since its not specifically mentioned on the game box/specs, if you manage to get it working good for you, if not, we don't care.

Chances are a patch might get made, but they probably wont really provide any support, it'll be just a patch they do when they get around to it. Or maybe hope for a 3rd party patch that gets it working. What about Windows 7 XP mode?

i have tried all of the computability modes and run as administrator but the problem still there

you might be right, there must be a patch for windows 7 :S

another question, i am planing to but AC2, does it have patches for windows 7?!

Originally posted by kossama:
    another question, i am planing to but AC2, does it have patches for windows 7?!
    Well my Black Edition box does specifically mention Windows 7 as being supported, so it should work no problems, and if there is a problem they will patch it. So you can safely buy AC2 and play. Only real problem is the constant internet connection/DRM thing, I haven't experienced any major problems myself, but you'll find plenty of people who did.

I have AC1 installed on Win7 64 at the moment and its working fine, got no clue what else you could try to be honest

Same here, AC1 works fine for me on Win7 x64. Try doing a registry cleaning, then install all directX versions again. Sometimes it's just some .dll file that's not registered properly.

Actually one more thing, despite the DRM problems some people have had, my personal thoughts on that is you should still feel safe in buying AC2.

If you get problems, wait for the patches which I guarantee will come. If you still get problems, just make sure you keep your receipt so in worst case you can just return it. Try being patient first though, I am sure there will be patches to fix the problems, Ubi didn't invest $$$$ in the AC franchise,building up a large fan base just to throw it away now.

While I hate bugs, it never ceases to amaze me how upset people get when games are released with bugs, and somehow seem to suggest that this is the ONLY game to of had major bugs.

It's really quite common in my experience, and despite the complaing, posts on forums saying "I'll never buy a game from you $^*(%% again" or "I'm returning the game because despite waiting 2 years I cant wait any longer for patches", these people will be the first in line to buy the next one. What's more its also very common for these bugs to get fixed.

Games I have bought recently and seen forums loaded with complaints like I mentioned above:
    GTA4
    AC2 of course
    East India Company
    ArmA/ArmA2

All of them also have since had patches that fixed most of the serious problems. The people who gave up missed out on a great game.

Companies are all in it for the money yes, but that means they do care about their customers to a certain degree, any smart dev/publisher will make sure their game is patched and keep the fan base they've worked hard to get.

ok, does any one knows how to uninstall my current directX version and install the DirX 10 instead?! this may fix the problem i guess! :S