here is my machine:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.091207-1941)
- BIOS: Default System BIOS
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
- Video Memory: 1759 MB (512 Dedicated to 1759)
- Shader model: 4
- Memory: 4096MB RAM
- Available OS Memory: 3040MB RAM
- DirectX Version: DirectX 11
back when i used to have windows vista (with directX 10), assassin's creed used to run normally and i even finished it all, and i enjoyed it much ...now when i upgraded to windows 7 and my drivers it crushes just after the loading screen finish and during the logo screen movie.....
i tried to do a trick, is to remove all the movies from the folder "Videos" inside the game's folder, then the loading screen completes normally and then when it comes to the part "press any key" it crashes again....I only have the Dx9 and Dx10 patches while i realized that my windows 7 has Dx11...could it be that problem?! that i have a different Dx rather than the installed patches?!
the strangest thing that my detector in the game says that i have directX 10, while my system originally has directX 11 according to DxDiag.exe
NOTE: all other games works normally except this
i am afraid to buy assassin's creed 2 and have the same problem