View Poll Results: Do you prefer frequent small patches or one late arriving large patch?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Small

19 95.00%
  • Large

1 5.00%

Thread: SMALL INCREMENTAL vs LARGE COMPREHENSIVE (POLL) | Forums

Hey all. If you would please pick whether you would prefer smaller incremental patches that are released more frequently or one large, all-comprehensive patch that is released well down the road, but kills most bugs in one shot.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey all. If you would please pick whether you would prefer smaller incremental patches that are released more frequently or one large, all-comprehensive patch that is released well down the road, but kills most bugs in one shot.

I wonder why all 11 people are happy with smaller patches? Hrmm maybe because we need patches to correctly play the game!?
    System Specs
    Intel QX6700|GA-X48T-DQ6|2x2GB Corsair Dominator PC3 14400|BFG GTX280 1GB|Western Digital Raptor X|PC Power & Cooling 850W|Samsung 245BW 24" LCD|Logitech Extreme 3D Pro|Logitech G9|Saitek Cyborg Keyboard

My experience with UBI Games like Silent Hunter, Assasins Creed indicate the UBI will not release smaller patches but will deal mid size patches out every few months. Meanwhile it will rely on users to fix most of their issues and cull out those they need to address from other more simply fixed problems.

I don't like the way they operate but when finally working their games are great and allow external mods to be applied by their user communities..

I think PC ports for UBI are a nightmare as there so many configurations to deal with. Console games are easier. The developers know what's under the hood for those machines and can tailor the game for them. Sometime in the near future, UBI will abandon the PC platform for good.

sure, i'd rather see incremental patches every couple of weeks, to address issues as they are solved, at least that way it shows us that they are doing something, rather than letting customer frustration build up.
    their laxadaisical approach has put me off, and i'll be steering clear of Ubi's new titles for at least 6 months, if i buy any at all, it'd have to be something special after this experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maddogmac1974:
    sure, i'd rather see incremental patches every couple of weeks, to address issues as they are solved, at least that way it shows us that they are doing something, rather than letting customer frustration build up.
    their laxadaisical approach has put me off, and i'll be steering clear of Ubi's new titles for at least 6 months, if i buy any at all, it'd have to be something special after this experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, well, this was supposed to be something special also, so you can't go by the pre-release hype with them anymore. Nope, the only way I'll EVER buy another UBI title is at least six months after it's been released and I'll be sure to watch the forums on it then.