Thread: The next Scientific Revolution | Forums

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Interesting. Bio-feedback is one thing I can think of that is an offshoot of this type of investigation.
    --------------------------

With open minds, on both extremes, I see no reason why faith and science cannot coexist.

The Big Bang seems to fit with Genesis pretty well.
    Good hunting,
    Cajun76

Check it, bleed. Bro... was on! Didn't trip. But the folks was freakin', man. Hey, and the pilots were laid to the bone, Home. So Blood hammered out and jammed jet ship. Tightened that bad sucker inside the runaway like a mother. Sheet. - Airplane II

It is possibly, but only just that. In truth, science and religion are living in an uneasy truce, and have done so since science started forming in the Renaissance.
    Fly friendly!

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
    Norway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cajun76:
    I see no reason why faith and science cannot coexist.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course thay can co-exist like apple pie and gravy can co-exist. It only goes wrong when you mix 'em.

Whilst 'faith' can be studied by scientific methods you can't mix faith and science. If 'scientists' find a naturalistic mechanism behind faith healing is it 'faith' healing anymore?

They are mutually incompatable, in that science can only be defined by evidence nothig else.

The Earth being 6,000 years old can't co-exist with the evidence and so can't co-exist with science.

That God or god or the FSM kicked off the big bang, well that's beyond the scope of the evidence so can co-exist with science but with out evidence can't be part of science.
    (If that makes any sense, it's late and I'm abit pickled.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cajun76:
    With open minds, on both extremes, I see no reason why faith and science cannot coexist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even Thomas Aquinas knew that faith and reason are antagonists and faith is there just to fill the gaps. When there's no gaps in reason, there's no place for faith nor superstition. Supernatural beliefs are poor substitutes for the lack of knowledge.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Big Bang seems to fit with Genesis pretty well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Big Bang can fit with 'Jack and the Beanstalk' if you wish it very hard, and are very flexible interpreting things. You may also be very good at seeing clouds in the shape of sheep and flowers.

IMHO, I think the next scientific revolution will consist in everyone trying not to starve when climatic change and the end of hydrocarbons throw everyone out of the cities in a desperate search for food and safety.