Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: What guitar are you goig to play with the game? | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

I'll help ya out, with an image, for yer plus top.

That blue flame plus top is a heavy beast. At least compared to my std.

I just bagged another CL Epi Std LP, last night, for $200. It is black, like my other std. I've got to level the frets, and clean it up. I'm going 9s on it, for light easy play.
    Last edited by rcole_sooner; 03-02-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Funk-n-Stein View Post
    How do those pickups sound? I just 'accidentally' won an auction on a Jay Turser strat copy (JT300-QMT) and was looking at those alnico pre-wired pickguards, but I have read that the pickups that they use in them don't sound that great, so I'm trying to decide if I just want to keep the pickguard that it comes with and upgrade the pickups (this is the most logical option, but it currently has a white pickguard and would like to switch to black, buy a pre-wired pickguard without pups and add pickups or splurge on the 'hand-wired' pickguard with GFS (which actually uses GFS pups unlike the other pre-wired assemblies they sell.) The problem is for the last option, I'll be spending more on it than I did on the guitar in total.
    lol, accidentally

Compared to the cheap little ceramic pups that were in my starcaster they sound like a million bucks, but I'm a beginner (this one is my first guitar) so I don't have anything else to compare it to. From what I understand the Jay Turser is already a much better platform than what I have, so in your case it could be a downgrade instead of an upgrade. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe someone else with some more experience could weigh in on it for you.

Proud member of 2old2play.com, a community for older gamers.

This is what my Ibanez Gio looks like. this one is gonna be my at work, experiment on, guitar. Just ordered some new pots for it. Switching them out will be my first shot at doing some mods. I plan to swap the pick guard and knobs out for some black ones and put some different pickups in it eventually.:

This is my accoustic. I bought mine used. it as some blemishes and some minor cracks on the face. hope to get those repaired some day:

Last but not least is my Fender Geddy Lee signature Jazz bass.

And my wife has an Ibanez PF4:
    Last edited by PanchoX1; 03-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcole_sooner View Post
    I
    That blue flame plus top is a heavy beast. At least compared to my std.

I just bagged another CL Epi Std LP, last night, for $200. It is black, like my other std. I've got to level the frets, and clean it up. I'm going 9s on it, for light easy play.
    Yeah it is. I have a lower back problem. Had surgery a couple years back. got two screws and two rods in my L5. I love the LP but I've been using the Wilshire more because it's less than half as heavy. I have Erine Ball Heavy top, skinny bottoms on my LP. I think they are 54-10. Sounds nice and beefy. Don't know what's on the Wilshire, just stock strings a the momment, but I think they are 9's.

Just bought one of these:

My first PRS... Really nice guitar for the INSANE price I got it for

Quote Originally Posted by HadOne2Many View Post
    lol, accidentally

Compared to the cheap little ceramic pups that were in my starcaster they sound like a million bucks, but I'm a beginner (this one is my first guitar) so I don't have anything else to compare it to. From what I understand the Jay Turser is already a much better platform than what I have, so in your case it could be a downgrade instead of an upgrade. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe someone else with some more experience could weigh in on it for you.

Yeah, I 'accidentally' bid thinking there's no way I wouldn't get out bid, but nobody else bid so I won! My girlfriend laughed at the 'accidentally' part too. :P
    Thanks for the feedback about the pickups. I'll probably just keep the standard pickguard and solder in some GFS vintage pups. This is going to be my 'learning to mod' guitar.
    My pick-up toggle switch has 3 modes: Swank, Extra Swank, and Super Swank

Here's mine!

Currently using a crappy Fender Starcaster Strat....but, just bought an Epiphone Wildkat (above) a few days ago and cannot wait to play it!

GD, congrats, the "Kat" series are really cool guitars. I have the Alleykat version and it plays like a dream!
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts' do.

Thanks a lot...it took me two months to find the perfect guitar for me and I think I found it. I love everything about this guitar and cannot wait to jam on it! Can you post of a pic of your Alleykat for me??

This is a stock photo of one just like mine

I load most of my guitars with flatwounds because of the styles of music I play. The Alleykat is about the same size as the ES-339, just a little thicker body. Great tone and smooth as silk.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts' do.

Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast