Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous level scripting? | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

yeah, I've seen that one , but still thanks.
    but man , SC wiki just have to come up something that brings the broken story back togather when it's obviously in a very bad shape .(even if it means players have to somehow make the story reasonable by their own. really)
    Just because it was far too irrelevant to mention in earlier splinter cell games doesn't make it false.

Besides the cameras that emit light, what I found absolutely stupid about that level was how Sam turned into the Hulk and gained infinite marks near the end.
    When you make the highest trained man in the world and enrage him to the extreme, you get the same result.

Of course you probably haven't played anything other then conviction and therefore don't know why he's so enraged.

I can start to imagine we will fighting in 1st and 2nd echelons HQs in SC6. abd megiddo might have its own super secret underground base too.
    It's not a 'super duper secret underground lair', it's a HQ, the CIA and FBI have them too, does that mean the james bond auther made the cia?
    Oh and even your local police department can be considered a HQ.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by username22:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can start to imagine we will fighting in 1st and 2nd echelons HQs in SC6. abd megiddo might have its own super secret underground base too.
    It's not a 'super duper secret underground lair', it's a HQ, the CIA and FBI have them too, does that mean the james bond auther made the cia?
    Oh and even your local police department can be considered a HQ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    nope, I'm saying writers of this game might start to making too much things up without trys to connect and reason them with storys and main setting we have before , we dont even know if theres 1st and 2d echelon or they have a building or not(I doubt it).
    but the whole 3E HQ convictions writer come up with is just way too sci-fi. (and cliche too).
    sure FBI and CIA have a HQ ,
    so does NSA. and I'm pretty sure 3E is not that big of a team and was inside that building.
    writer just cant get their mind straight that 3E is not an agency,but a division of an agency, it's not that big and they use to stay in very low profile too, thats what story goes last time we have a game. (and all that has way higher reality setting in it)

or they just think hell with NSA , get rid of it , real world government agency are too boring or my new badass spy. lets just pretend its not. and only use the term 3E from now on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">yeah, I've seen that one , but still thanks.
    but man , SC wiki just have to come up something that brings the broken story back togather when it's obviously in a very bad shape .(even if it means players have to somehow make the story reasonable by their own. really)
    Just because it was far too irrelevant to mention in earlier splinter cell games doesn't make it false.

Besides the cameras that emit light, what I found absolutely stupid about that level was how Sam turned into the Hulk and gained infinite marks near the end.
    When you make the highest trained man in the world and enrage him to the extreme, you get the same result.

Of course you probably haven't played anything other then conviction and therefore don't know why he's so enraged.

I can start to imagine we will fighting in 1st and 2nd echelons HQs in SC6. abd megiddo might have its own super secret underground base too.
    Oh and even your local police department can be considered a HQ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny you'd mention that i've seen a show on hystory about Ian Fleming the original creator of james bond.
    wich said that he wrote a memo to an american intelegence opperative looking for advice to set up an agency in washington.
    Ian flemming would always swear that this memo was the basis of the CIA

Well I checked about Tom Reed and I found this note about him:”Director Reed is a ruthless, efficient, and energetic individual who has revitalized Third Echelon and extended its reach in ways his predecessor never would have imagined - or been willing to do.". .so that maybe means that third echelon gained so much power in order to be autonomous…then he established Third Echelon HQ in DC for reasons of power and prestige…..
    It is all about conviction!!!

Double Agent mixed in with lousy writing.

I guess this is why you didn't quote the other half of my post.

Did you honestly get that impression from playing the games, or are you saying that because Beland and the other devs did?

Originally posted by Falzar:
    i dont know if that will help but i will post something from splinter cell wikia.....There has been at least two Third Echelon headquarters located in either in a subterranean area of NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, the other one has been located in various spots in Washington D.C. area. It is located in a non-descript building somewhere near the National Mall and White House in the nation's capital (the location is routinely moved around every few years for security reasons).However, Third Echelon still often utilizes the NSA's headquarters to station its employees. The reason for this seperation is because technically Third Echelon doesn't exist. Most NSA employees will have never heard of Third Echelon. As one of the most classified, top-secret organizations in the U.S. government, only those on a "need to know" basis are aware of the agency. In 2011, Third Echelon's current headquarters was destroyed by 'Protocol 2319' after one of its former agents(Sam Fisher) breached its security…..
    That's fine, but it's all nonsense.

The only reason that Third Echelon has a headquarters in Washington is because it's convenient for the story's pacing to have it there rather than having Sam jetting off to Maryland where NSA is located.

It's also utterly ridiculous to be saying "Third Echelon is a top secret yada yada...." and then you walk into Third Echelon and EVERYTHING has the Third Echelon emblem on it. Doors, computers, windows, monuments, guard's uniforms.

It's all laughable when you think about it.

Especially the part where the director of a TOP SECRET SUB AGENCY decided that an acceptable protocol to stop information regarding Third Echelon coming to surface was to locate the headquarters in DOWNTOWN Washington and then BLOW IT UP!

L.O.L.

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

Originally posted by shadowblade334:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazz_117:
    Any and probably all problems you may have came across, or that there might be in Splinter Cell Conviction, story or otherwise, can be put down to the following three pictures.

For god's sake Jazz, I just dont get it? I understant the 3 JB's and what the devs wated, but you confuse me sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Pretty simple really. IMO the greatest flaws with SCC are the script and a couple of gameplay features such as infinite ammo and regen health.
    All these things spawned from the aforementioned pictures, or more specifically the movies\TV show that the pictures are off.
    The 3JB’s have infected Splinter Cell and turned its script to cheese: turned Sam into an uncontrollable, (literally, I have no control) angry and unstoppable killer, I.E. Jack Bauer.
    Look at Miggido, another HUGE letdown and it’s straight out of James Bond. Splinter Cell is about information warfare, not some mystic global domination nonsense.
    Jason Bourne… well just look at Sam’s attire - though this doesn’t annoy me too much, because he still looks the part, however it’s all he wears throughout the entire game.
    And a side note, IMO Treadstone is more believable then 3rd Echelon is in SCC, however we probably can thank Treadstone for a large part of that.
    Bottom line, if the devs had of gone to passed SC games for inspiration and not the cheese coated Hollywood JB cack we would have had a great Splinter Cell game instead of just another good\fun game that does absolutely nothing to justify the “Tom Clancy” name or the “Splinter Cell” name… though it does quiet a bit to justify itself as a new addition into the JB universe.

Instead of watching 24 or Diehard to get inspiration on how a highly trained soldier would handle a weapon perhaps they should have gone and talked to REAL special forces personnel or even get an ex agent of some kind to be an advisor.
    A script that took inspiration from Without Remorse (A novel by Tom Clancy) would have been so cool, but no we have to put up with a sub average Hollywood movie script full of plot holes and (as ShadowFox always says) convenient plot devices.
    But last I checked there wasn’t a Tom Clancy novel on the average billboard, there is one of the aforementioned JBs.

Hope that clears it up.

Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:

The only reason that Third Echelon has a headquarters in Washington is because it's convenient for the story's pacing to have it there rather than having Sam jetting off to Maryland where NSA is located.
    Yeah and also when he walks into the HQ it says "Welcome Home," yet in CT it clearly shows his "home" in that sense of the word is in Maryland.
    --------------------------------
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
    And poof. Just like that, he's gone."
    - Verbal Kint

Originally posted by insanity76:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:

Yeah and also when he walks into the HQ it says "Welcome Home," yet in CT it clearly shows his "home" in that sense of the word is in Maryland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, at first I was willing to let it slide because it would have been referring to Third Echelon itself as Sam's "home", which was nice because he really had nothing else in his life with Sarah being off at college and/or dead, but when Sam says "I used to work here" I was like....ah...no you didn't...

"I play Splinter Cell...as Sam Fisher"

Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by insanity76:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:

Yeah and also when he walks into the HQ it says "Welcome Home," yet in CT it clearly shows his "home" in that sense of the word is in Maryland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, at first I was willing to let it slide because it would have been referring to Third Echelon itself as Sam's "home", which was nice because he really had nothing else in his life with Sarah being off at college and/or dead, but when Sam says "I used to work here" I was like....ah...no you didn't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahahahahah.....well let me see...when Sam Fisher said "I used to work here" he meant that he worked for Third Echelon(you know the agency not this building)....Also as a fan you should knew the dark sense of humour Sam Fisher has. So let me post this:
    Secretary: I am sorry sir but I am afraid the office is close for the evening
    Sam: I am here to see Tom Reed
    Secretary: Mr Reed is currently unavailable but If you would like to make an appointment Mr….
    Sam: Fisher.. I used to work here….and then he detonates the bombs…
    You got by this conversation the dark sense of humour Fisher has and why he told this?
    I am wondering what other pieces of crap you will post guys in order to make someone to believe that you are right…..
    It is all about conviction!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast