Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From Dust PC Official Statement | Forums

We recognize that one of our posts in the From Dust forum regarding the need for authentication in the game was not clear. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. Our tech teams are working on a patch that should release in approximately two weeks that will eliminate the need for any online authentication. This development time is required as we are working to ensure that those who have already started the game, and who’s progress is currently saved on our servers, will receive and save their game information locally. Once the patch is ready, players who already have the game will automatically receive the update on their next login and subsequent game sessions will be 100% offline.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'll believe it when I see it.

That's excellent news, thanks for making the right decision. I'm convinced that removing the DRM will be beneficial to all the parties involved (Ubisoft, digital retailers and the people playing the game). Like I said in a different thread, sometimes "less is more" in regards to DRM.

Sorry guys but damage is done. I still demand refunds (my ticket is in the support). It's not only about DRM that make the game unplayable (and constant Internet connection cause loot of problems to me and others). It's about:

1. lying to your customers
    2. punishing customers that paid you
    3. ignoring people on support

Ad1. Information that there will be no require for constant internet connection was put 1 august 2011. 17 august 2011 game was released according to gaming portals. 18 august - there was new information that there IS that annoying DRM included. How is that you release a game and you didn't know what kind of copy protection it use ?

Ad2. We pay for your games. Yet you punish US. Pirates put a crack on a game and play it. We have problems. Why ?

Ad3. I get a response "We investigating" while I only want to return the game that is broken and it's a game that I didn't ordered (I was ordering game without annoying DRM as I was thinking). All people under my article in portal that I write reviews (and where I review From Dust by the way) claim that they get same response or no response at all.
    Those who get response was send to Steam. Steam send them back to Ubisoft. Circle closed.

So It will not help. I want return the game. But glad that you make up your mind and you are removing this "protection" that only thing is doing - is causing problems to your customers.

Also, I find this:

Posted Mon August 22 2011 11:26
    We recognize that one of our posts in the From Dust forum regarding the need for authentication in the game was not clear. We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding.
    pretty hilarious. The post was perfectly clear. There was no misunderstanding. It just turned out that the post was incorrect/untrue.

Well thats fine and dandy, But what about the other issues that we are complaining about? FPS Cap, no Graphics Options, Terrible controls?

1. lying to your customers
    2. punishing customers that paid you
    3. ignoring people on support
    You might not rest, but companies generally do when it comes to weekends. I doubt anyone was around who could authorize anything until today. DRM is being removed, but I guess some people can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to good news. Yesterday now exists only in your head. Move on.

thats a start now what about the rest of it. your actions here will influence my decision on annon 2070.

Originally posted by bukowski113:
    We recognize that one of our posts in the From Dust forum regarding the need for authentication in the game was not clear.
    This BS just defies belief, Mr bukowski113. The post stated that

To prevent any on-going confusion we would like to clarify From Dust PC will release with DRM requiring a one-time only online activation. After which you will be able to play the game offline.
    Perhaps you might 'clarify' exactly what is so 'unclear' about that?!

This is both unexpected and fantastic news. I'm glad to see that Ubisoft has listened to its customers. The patch will no doubt reduce piracy of this game more than the DRM did. For what it's worth, my trust in you has been restored, Ubisoft (or at least will be when the patch comes out). Leaving the unadvertised DRM in the game would have been a pretty sleazy move.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast