Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Game Mode - Battle | Forums

Assassin's Creed Unity Make History Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

I was a little disappointed in the multiplayer as far as killing an opponent. Aside from the not very useful stun, there is no way to defend yourself. I was hoping it would be like the single-player where you'd have swordfights and things.

So let's have a game mode where it's not just press a button to assassinate and then it happens - it's like the single-player where the button is for "attack" and a one-on-one battle ensues.

this would allow for some interesting twists. if you have two pursuers you could end up fighting two people...they could each get partial credit for the kill if you die.

I'm sure others, including the developers, could think of other things to add to such a "battle" game mode.

it would also be ideal for team play, not just "wanted" style.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Stun works, I get atleast 4-5 per match. Use smoke bombs and then press O, hide around corners when you are sure you know who youre pursuer is behind you, use firecrackers to temporarily blind them. It's not that hard.
    "For a minute there, I thought we were in trouble." -Billy The Kid

Originally posted by HaxGeneration:
    Stun works, I get atleast 4-5 per match. Use smoke bombs and then press O, hide around corners when you are sure you know who youre pursuer is behind you, use firecrackers to temporarily blind them. It's not that hard.
    and how many times do you try to stun someone and it doesn't work, resulting in your death?

directly from Ubi - stun is not intended to be very effective.

my main point is it would be nice to be able to actually defend yourself against your attacker with a weapon. the battles would be epic, and a lot of new game modes could come out of it.

If stun worked as most players who complain about it wanted it to, they'd have a near impossible time taking out opponents. The game wouldn't be about stealth anymore; it'd be about who can press the square or circle button first.

However, while I need more practice with this, I've found that stunning an enemy from behind has always worked 100% of the time.

Edit: Also, swordfights would be awkward because it'd almost always just end with all of the players crammed into some small alleyway trying to kill their target. The multiplayer is about strategy and stealth, not mindless carnage.

I have I think once been killed when stunning someone from behind, seems to be incredibly rare though. The whole point of stun is to give you some extra points if you can be stealthy enough to get the jump on your stalker, not so you can effectively counter their assassination attempt, you have powers and free running for that.

Also, I don't think Single Player's combat system would work well in multiplayer, it'd be a nightmare to balance correctly when you consider just how overpowered Ezio is in the Single Player.

EDIT: Counters and disarms in particular I can't see being easy to implement in multiplayer.

You might not like the idea, but it gives us more options for gameplay and modes. More is better, nobody is forcing you to play it.

I'm all up for the idea if it's an entirely separate gamemode. As long as it doesn't draw the developer's attention away from working on the existing multiplayer, which with the huge amount of balancing that would need to be done for a more combat oriented mode to work, would probably happen.

Basically, I'd rather the current style of gameplay get's the dev's attention with updates and stuff then they get sidetracked on working on a style that probably wouldn't end up as well implemented as the current MP modes.

Banned
    The would have to turn into a fighting game. One of those with combo's like MK, ye know. It would like any other fighting game, except it's swords and no special powers. Doesn't seem fun at all.

Banned
    Originally posted by postwick:
    You might not like the idea, but it gives us more options for gameplay and modes. More is better, nobody is forcing you to play it.
    So with this theory. It would of been better if more Jews were killed in the holocaust? Nobody is forcing you to kill them.

lol quickest incidence of Godwins Law I've come across

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast