Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to properly install JSGME Generic Mod Enabler | Forums

1. Download JSGME (Jones Generic Mod Enabler)
    here
    http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

2. Unzip JSGME to your main Silent Hunter 4 folder...in WINXP it is ...Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunter4

3. Run JSGME.exe that was placed in that folder.

4. JSGME will start and a screen will display.

5. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">IMPORTANT</span>: Now close JSGME. This sets up the proper location for the MODs you want to use.

6. JSGME is now properly installed.

Now for your MODs that work with JSGME....

1. Download the MOD zip file (see Subsim.com and Mod Workshop Room-you will need to register at Subsim).

2. Unzip your selected mod to the MOD folder that JSGME set up in the main directory.....
    WINXP it is....ProgramFiles/Ubisoft/SilentHunter4/MOD folder.

3. Start JSGME....a new screen will open.

4. On the left side of the JSGME screen will be the list of MODs you have available.

5. Move the MOD you want to the right side of the JSGME screen. JSGME will install it.

6. Close JSGME

7. Start Silent Hunter 4 and your selected MODs will be available.

JSGME backs-up your original installation. If you don't like a mod then simply move the MOD back to the left side of the screen and JSGME will uninstall it AND put SH4 back to it's original configuration....

Many types of MODS are available....see Subsim.com for your viewing pleasure.

IMPORTANT: Please-please-please read the read-me files that come with the mods before installing them.

Dance of the Dragon
    [URL=http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=6421019045&m=5111
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

<bump> this should be sticky or included in one...

DEMAND PATCH 1.9!

Banned
    Originally posted by catlegwest:
    <bump> this should be sticky or included in one...
    There is : SH4 - 100K Club, Tools, Tips, Mods, Online Teams and other SH4 info...

I also have it in a link under my sig.

<bump> - reminder to people who need JSGME info...

Idid that but no jsgme.exe appeared. Just the jsgme.lng and jsgme.help. That's all she wrote

When you Unzip the JSGME file point whatever unzipper program you use to extract the files in the C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunter folder.

You did get the generic JSGME file?......

You can also do a file search to see where it was placed......JSGME.exe is the file name.

Dance of the Dragon

Thanx for this; really needed it.
    Demand veal marsala with garlic sauced noodles in the officer's mess!

Ive just installed JSGME and followed these instructions. I can see the MODS i.e. TM 1.5 in the left window, and try to install it BUT it just hangs and when i ctl Alt Del and look at Task Manager it says JSGME is not responding, anyone have any ideas???

BTW i am in the middle of a mission but am not worried if it doesn't play from that point as i will start a new career, could this be the problem.

Any help appreciated.

Gh3ngis
    Asus P5N32-E SLI, Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4GHz, 2048 RAM , Ge-Force 8600GT Overclocked.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Gh3ngis...

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

First....after unzipping JSGME to the SilentHunterWolvesofthePacific folder did you run JSGME.exe once, then close it? That sets up the proper path for the MOD folder.

I would suggest uninstalling JSGME.

-First uninstall any mods already installed
    -Second open the MODS folder and cut out any mods you have there and paste in a temporary folder.
    -delete your saves (sucks I'm sure)
    -DELETE THE MOD FOLDER
    -uninstall JSGME
    -REBOOT
    -Reinstall JSGME (pointing the unzipper to ProgramFiles/Ubisoft/SilentHunter folder.
    -Run JSGME once.
    -As soon as it opens then close it.
    -Now take the mods you pasted in the temp folder and cut them out and put in the new MOD folder that JSGME setup.

-now run JSGME again and see if the mods will install. If not you may have to reinstall SH4.

I hope that helps. You might have to do a reinstall of SH4, but let's hope not.

Dance of the Dragon

Originally posted by Gh3ngis:
    Ive just installed JSGME and followed these instructions. I can see the MODS i.e. TM 1.5 in the left window, and try to install it BUT it just hangs and when i ctl Alt Del and look at Task Manager it says JSGME is not responding, anyone have any ideas???
    How long did you wait? Some mods take longer for JSGME to enable than others. Some take several minutes because there are so many files to deal with.

Silent Hunter 3 Community Manual website

[url=http://www.thegreywolves.com][b]GWX 3.0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast