1. Download JSGME (Jones Generic Mod Enabler)
2. Unzip JSGME to your main Silent Hunter 4 folder...in WINXP it is ...Program Files/Ubisoft/SilentHunter4
3. Run JSGME.exe that was placed in that folder.
4. JSGME will start and a screen will display.
5. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">IMPORTANT</span>: Now close JSGME. This sets up the proper location for the MODs you want to use.
6. JSGME is now properly installed.
Now for your MODs that work with JSGME....
1. Download the MOD zip file (see Subsim.com and Mod Workshop Room-you will need to register at Subsim).
2. Unzip your selected mod to the MOD folder that JSGME set up in the main directory.....
WINXP it is....ProgramFiles/Ubisoft/SilentHunter4/MOD folder.
3. Start JSGME....a new screen will open.
4. On the left side of the JSGME screen will be the list of MODs you have available.
5. Move the MOD you want to the right side of the JSGME screen. JSGME will install it.
6. Close JSGME
7. Start Silent Hunter 4 and your selected MODs will be available.
JSGME backs-up your original installation. If you don't like a mod then simply move the MOD back to the left side of the screen and JSGME will uninstall it AND put SH4 back to it's original configuration....
Many types of MODS are available....see Subsim.com for your viewing pleasure.
IMPORTANT: Please-please-please read the read-me files that come with the mods before installing them.