Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat push speed? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

I've been playing multiplayer with a friend for a bit, mostly on the mp_surf level, and I've noticed something weird (and fairly frustrating):

If I beach a boat, it takes me FOREVER to push it back into the water... my guy just does these wimpy little pushes.

If my friend beaches a boat, he pushes it really quickly into the water.

So lots of times I'll be sitting there trying to get the boat into the water and he'll just snipe me. But he's able to get the damn boat into the water so fast... it just seems unfair!

Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone else experienced it? Is there just some setting I'm missing? I'm pretty sure he hasn't hacked the game to do anything like that... we're not that smart. So it's gotta be something in the game I just don't know about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I've been playing multiplayer with a friend for a bit, mostly on the mp_surf level, and I've noticed something weird (and fairly frustrating):

If I beach a boat, it takes me FOREVER to push it back into the water... my guy just does these wimpy little pushes.

If my friend beaches a boat, he pushes it really quickly into the water.

So lots of times I'll be sitting there trying to get the boat into the water and he'll just snipe me. But he's able to get the damn boat into the water so fast... it just seems unfair!

Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone else experienced it? Is there just some setting I'm missing? I'm pretty sure he hasn't hacked the game to do anything like that... we're not that smart. So it's gotta be something in the game I just don't know about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Keep hitting "use" while walking forward. You might get in several pushes at a time instead of just one.

Thanks for the reply. I know that much, though. We both have the same technique in pushing the boats.

But where it differs is how many times we actually have to press the use key to get it back in the water... whereas I can sit there hitting the use key, say, 30 times before it's in the water, in the same situation he presses it 5 times and the boat is in the water.

I actually tried it on his computer, and I get the same results he does (really fast to get the boat back in the water). It's an incredible difference. So that's what leads me to believe it's some kind of setting or something, because it's a difference between our computers or something and not technique.. It's kind of mind-boggling...

There aren't different "strength" characteristics for each of the multiplayer models or something, are there? I tried a few different ones and didn't notice anything.

All the Free-For-All skins have the same properties so that's not it. I have not heard this before so maybe computer settings have something to do with it. What are the differences between your computers?

Not much difference between our computers... they're both 5 or 6 years old, Pentium 4 ~2GHz, 256 MB of RAM, same video card in both.

I'm not sure if there's a difference between graphics settings, but that really wouldn't make any sense, anyway. I honestly don't know what it could be. I was kind of hoping someone had noticed something similar at some point.

Ah, well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 5 or 6 years old, Pentium 4 ~2GHz </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is very outdated.
    Also, <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">256 MB of RAM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>is absolutely insufficient for playing a DirectX9 game. Windows XP (assuming you are using that) needs 256MB for itself to work smoothly. On top of that you are trying to run a game. Gaming is among the heaviest tasks for a PC. For normal operation, you need a DX9 hardware supporting videocard and 512MB system RAM at least to start with.

Let's look at your dxdiag.
    Click Start &gt; Run... type in
    dxdiag
    click OK.
    Select to Save All Information. Open the file in Notepad, select all, copy then paste the complete text into your next reply.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

I can confirm the Boat push speed problem. I play on and host a Stunt boat server and when I host I can not push the boats nearly as easily as the other players. This problem is the same for three other people I know. This is a problem for us as we like to play dingy soccer by kicking(pushing) the dingys back and forth (baked).

(Maybe some of you Far Cry/PC know it alls should actually test the problem before blaming it on someones ram. I have 1gb ddr3200 and 3.4ghz cpu w/ radeon 9600.)

Maybe by my sober writing style i came across that way but i'm certainly not a 'know it all', Lotrimin.
    What do you mean, i should test taking out my 2 GB RAM sticks, replace with only 256MB and test Far Cry boat kicking, just to be able to reply here?

With only 256MB RAM a PC can get less responsive, especially during gaming (a DX9 game like FC).
    Also: wireless keyboard (check the batteries btw), and/or use of a low quality (ball!) mouse you're stearing the camera with while kicking the boat, can dimisish responsiveness.
    Just a few suggestions, ai know nuthing.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

Buy test the problem I mean, host a server and see if you can push boats as easily as other players. This topic has nothing to do with RAM as I just confirmed that I have 1gb of RAM and have the same problem (so does 3 other players I know). Seems simple enough to understand...no?

If you would like to test and help solve this issue:

1: Host a FarCry server
    2: Have a friend Join
    3: Beach 2 Patrol Boats or Dingys
    4: Host and player try to "Push Boat in water"
    5: See who can push the boat faster (when I host I can only push the boat in slow small increments while other players can get them moving with bigger pushes)

Any testing/input is greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast