Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Assassin's Creed run on Windows 7? | Forums

Assassin?s Creed Unity ? Wear the Phantom Blade Replica

Assassin?s Creed Unity Cast of Characters Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Story Trailer [US]

Assassin?s Creed Unity Experience #2 Customization & Co-op [US]

What version of Windows 7 x64 are you using? Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate?

Did you allow it to install into the "Program Files (x86)" directory?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by mandarin77:
    What version of Windows 7 x64 are you using? Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate?

Thanks
    Mines premium..

And installed to the default location, but since yours is running (albeit in a window) I don't think the install location is the issue.. Since if it was, I dont think it would launch at all...

Sounds like it needs forcing into full screen - have you tried the old skool method of Alt+enter ?

You should also check the in game graphics settings and any shortcuts you made on the desktop, incase there is a play in window option ticked.

Okay, did some messing around.

1. Installing it in the "Program Files x86" directory made no difference.

2. Alt + Enter does work in getting it into full screen, but I still get BSOD errors (blue BSOD or black nothingness with audio). Still bad.

3. If I go into the game folder and run "Assassins Creed DX10" it continues to load incorrectly, but if I run "Assassins Creed DX9" it loads like it should in full screen.

4. Reloaded ATI drivers. Still bad.

Therefore, I'll look for some other driver that is not current (had MB audio driver problems at an earlier time, and they were causing problems even though I was using the HDMI off my video card), and if that doesn't work, I'll dxdiag to support.

Hope this helps anyone else with issues, and thanks for the forum help.

Banned

Thanks
    Ultimate

Does you gpu support dx10? it could be the problem.

Ac1 supported dx10 but Ac2/B doesn't support dx10/11 why?

Okay, did some messing around.

3. If I go into the game folder and run "Assassins Creed DX10" it continues to load incorrectly, but if I run "Assassins Creed DX9" it loads like it should in full screen.

4. Reloaded ATI drivers. Still bad.
    It may be as posted above, your Graphics Card is not DX10 compatible?

Odd that the game runs fine under DX9 - if your GPU is a DX 10 card...

Contacted Tech Support with my issue and three files:
    dxdiag32.txt
    dxdiag64.txt
    and a text file from sysinfo - hardware drivers.

Response:
    "AC1 is not supported on W7"
    A sidenote from me here: they did not comment on any information in the dxdiag information if I could try a different driver for xxx.
    So... thanks for nothing, there.

However, I have additional info to add.
    1. I am using an XFX 5670 single slot 1GB DDR5. It is supposedly DX11 capable so I should have no issue here.
    2. I noticed I have an unknown device in device manager. ACPI\AWY0001 Looking this up on the internet, it seems to be an AMD processor 'thing' that had an 'AMD processor driver' available from AMD for windows XP. I cannot seem to locate any information related to this for W7 or a 'AMD processor driver' for W7. There is mention that some games did not run correctly without the AMD proc. driver installed under XP.

So, of the people having issues with this same problem, do you also have an unknown device with this same label (right click on the device, properties, details)?

Those of you who have a working AC1 on W7, are you running AMD hardware or an intel board/chip? Any sort of help would be great, as I like the challenge of figuring this out!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234