1. Morph is extremely useful and you can use it to help duplicate generic characters of your kind and confuse your pursuer. However when blending in a non-static group do not allow the system to blend for you...it makes mistakes and makes it really obvious for your pursuer.While blended\morph usually from experience the pursuer will also blend in. Use this time to stun your pursuer subtly. However take into account that your pursuer may use fire crackers, smoke bomb charge, and templar vision. When in manhunt allow your pursuers to take out some of these personas then stun them.
2. Disguise allows the character to change their their appearance which in manhunt and chest capture is useful because the pursuer is expecting to see the character from the game mode screen. However white lines pulsate and show you changing which can be spotted by a pursuer.
3. Sprint boost allows the character to run at a quicker pace and can prevent the effects of the throwing knife. Also, climbing is quicker but can be easily identified due to sound and the streaked lines.
4. The hidden gun allows the avatar to lock onto a target and fire a bullet which will kill the avatar. However the kill score is low and is possibly used as a last resort. The hidden gun is useful when you entering a chase scene as it eliminates the target without the "chase" part.
5. The smoke bomb allows the player to trap their victims and pursuers allowing time for stuns and if using the long lasting smoke bomb, a focus kill. It is possibly the most useful ability. This is possibly the most efficient way to stun a pursuer however beware when your three pursuers are trapped within it, only stun one is using a non-long lasting smoke bomb since a stun takes time and the smoke bomb will expire. If there are only two pursuers and you are using a long lasting smoke bomb stun them, you will have time.
6. Poison allows the player to kill the target over a short period of time. It is barely noticeable and is extremely valuable, it gives the most amount of points. Using it with a long lasting smoke bomb can allow time for the focus bonus although there is a high possibilty for it to be intercepted. Which means a waste of the poison and loss of the kill. Also there is high chance of being stunned as you are extremely close to your target. Overall, this is the second best ability.
7. Throwing knives slow the target and if climbing make the target fall, however you have little time to catch up with the target. Use it when a target is nearing a chase breaker. It can also be used on pursuers to slow them down.
8. Firecrackers can locate a target and blind pursuers and your target. However if the pursuer has locked on, and presses the square button, the pursuer can still kill you. Your pursuers and target can also escape and will randomly run. It is inefficient.
9. Charge automatically locates the right target in a crowd and kills them. Also it can stun a pursuer but when moving to the target it has a wide arc causing them to not hit their target if not at the right angle. It is useful within manhunt and chest capture.
10. Templar vision shows anybody who is disguising themselves and your target. Pursuers in red and your target in blue. However you are highly noticeable and your target and pursuer can spot you.
11. Decoy allows the player to send a duplicate of the same character running away. It can distract pursuers and spook your target out of hiding. However the further the decoy moves away from you, the compass will not highlight it and follow it. It is inefficient.
12. Mute silences all characters around yourself, stopping your pursuer and target to use their abilities. It only lasts for a second and has a wide radius however it is the worse ability to use. The pursuer can move for a quick second and come back for the kill.
I hope this helps people to choose their abilities. But whatever you do not use MUTE!