Thread: WOW; That was short | Forums

Fun, though. But like with Assassin's Creed, I don't think I'll play through it again, which pretty much means I'm likely to pick it up in the next few months.

Anyway. I can see why you folks were all whining so much about wanting a sequel. Hell, after that, I'd've joined in on the whining without a second's hesitation. It wasn't just because of the game being a load of fun, either. The game actually created a damn interesting little universe or mythos for itself, that easily warrants more investigation.

I don't quite see what making the game more open to casual gamers will do, though. I mean, let's be honest, the first game hit a happy medium between medium and easy/core and casual, and the only reason I ever got stuck was because I didn't actually know what I was meant to do next; not because the game was necessarily hard...

I mean, I first picked the game up in early 2004, but I only actually completed it today at the end of a two day sesh. I think a big reason for that was the general art direction of the game. I mean, the game looked beautiful (for its time), but I picked the game up for the hot girl with a camera and found the game to have an anthropomorphic talking pig, some Rastafarian rhinos, and the ceeewtest widdle blue kitty cat you ever sawwed talking about overthrowing a malevolent force known as the Alpha Sector.
    And, I'll be honest, that didn't put me on the best terms with the game from the get go. I mean, I literally thought it looked like a kid's game. And the 7+ rating really didn't help matters much.
    Hell, so far as I'm concerned, that's why it sold best on a nintendo console; that audience has the best experience with seeing through that kind of stuff.

But yeah. That's just my two cents.
    If they want the game to sell better, they need better marketing, and they need to release it in a window that doesn't put it up against other big games, much less UBISoft's OWN big games. I mean, what gives?
    The last thing they should be doing is making an easy game even easier.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

it really was sad... though POP was essentially a new franchise as well (very few "kids" knew anything about the originals), but the marketing of the game and the innovative aspects really overshadowed bg&e. i didn't really know much about the game myself either. i'd just seen the cover and the the ad on the back of the POP booklet. i saw it a month or two later in bestbuy or something and it was like 20 bucks. i was like "hmm... i doubt it would hurt to invest in it at 20 bucks." so i picked it up and fell in love with it ever since.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

The first time i saw BG&E was a preview on the show "Gamepower". I saw it, and i thought: wow, some woman dressed all in green fighting against aliens. Plus the game also had stealth elements, racetracks,... all in one. The game gained 5 Gamepowers (5 stars).

The problem was that i only had money to buy 1 game, so i asked advice from a friend of mine. He told me not to buy BG&E, since it's a kid's game and the only thing you have to do is taking pictures.

I'm ashamed that i ever listened to him, cuz i ended up buying POP SoT instead. And then 3 years later, i saw the game again at the gamestore so i bought it. When i finished it, i was like: man, this is even better that Soul Calibur.

The game is a bit short, and the talking animals and the cartoony style of BG&E didn't really help prove otherwise, but it's still one of the best games i've ever played.

I am but a man, without a soul and without desires. Yet i'm happy. Because without desires, i'm already content...

Anyway. I can see why you folks were all whining so much about wanting a sequel. Hell, after that, I'd've joined in on the whining without a second's hesitation. It wasn't just because of the game being a load of fun, either. The game actually created a damn interesting little universe or mythos for itself, that easily warrants more investigation.
    I know isnt it short. Thats also the main reason I wanted a sequel bcoz the 1st one didnt have enough.